confused

fisher6355

Newly Enlightened
i have just bought a new inova T4 and i am a little dissapointed in its output whilst it is very clear led light i thought it would be more powerful could somebody recomend regardless of price the most powerful light rechargable or not im looking at mag rechargable

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
By size:

Thor spotlight
Maxabeam
X990 HID spotlight
Vector spotlight

Mag Rechargeable
Ultra Stinger
Surefire 10X
Tigerlight
Surefire M6

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
You forgot about the mega ray!. You can find a review of it at http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/ But it costs a fortune, of course so do some of the others Light raven listed.

The thor spot light is probally the best lumens/$. But it is so big that it is like carrying around a microwave as some cpf member said.

Unless you go for a multi LED like the telsa 6 or similar, LED is out. A popular mod is the mag85, basically a 3D mag that puts out around 1200 bulb lumens.

There are lots of choices, and most lights can be configured to rechargeable in some way.

good luck and welcome

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't forget!

Just didn't want to invoke the name of the "MEGARAY" unless he said he needed a light for the trunk of his Lamborghini! (uhh. . .if they have trunks)

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
LOL, I'm with you on that one, The only person I know who has one owns a lamborghini. But he did say price was not an issue. Be carefull what you wish for!:):whistle:

Kris

Newly Enlightened
Everyone here is right. We need to know what size flashlight you are looking for. How much you want to spend etc.

For it's size, the Surefire M6 is a great light.

Databyter

Enlightened
I find it annoying that in looking up lights for comparison some manufacturers use candlepower to rate brightness (Streamlight) and others use Lumens (Surefire). It's ok if you are making comparisons from the same manufacturer. But if not..

Even more annoying is that when you try to convert one to the other most of the advice I have read is that Candlelight is more subjective (depending on how and where the beam is measured) so there is no accurate way to convert accuratly to Lumens which is a measurment of total light leaving the device.

So, How are we supposed to compare lights from different manufacturers without actually being able to do a comparison or making a thread query on this site and crossing your fingers?

I know 50,000 - 75,000 candlepower for say the SL ultra stinger is bright but how does that compare to say 500 plus lumens for the Surefire G6?

icebeng

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight does list output in terms of lumens on their website...

That aside, I totally agree with what you said.
It's next to impossible to try and compare the output from lights from different companies.
In my case, I tend to rely a lot on data from quickbeam's site when numerical figure are needed.
He doesn't have every single light available on the market,
but what I do when he doesn't have the light is to just look at the numbers provided for another light by the same maker and extrapolate from there.

Of course a good idea would be to just send him every light in existence and slave-driver him into doing charts for all of them.
But the only 2 problems would be finding people to supply the lights and getting quickbeam to agree to being our resident beast of burden!
:) :) :)

Databyter

Enlightened
I can't find lumens in the descriptions on Streamlights site. But your probably right. I've had onna of those days where I did way too much www surfing/searching and way too little of anything else and my brain is getting tired lol. Laziest Sunday in a long time

Gnight

icebeng

Newly Enlightened
oops... just checked, not every light has lumens rating listed.
Even the ones that do doesn't necessarily list it on the specs,
could be in the description....

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
icebeng said:
Streamlight does list output in terms of lumens on their website...

Unfortunately, these tend to be baloney. Streamlight is far from alone in this practice, by the way. Whenever I want a realistic estimate of beam intensity or total output, I go to flashlightreviews.com.