down under

fisher6355

Newly Enlightened
living in sydney australia does anybody know where to buy quality torchs apart from king of knives

quokked

Enlightened
There's a discussion going on about getting flashlights in Perth here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/93685

Personally I don't know about sydney for a physical presence, but if I remember correctly Mitchells (the camping store) have SF 6P's for sale in their shops, otherwise you could do a lot worse than to order
from
www.platypusoutdoors.com.au which are the official listed distributor for SF in Oz :)...
All that said it's usually cheaper and easier to order from the states or from some mob like www.supremeco.com.hk

Good Luck ^_^ (or just go overseas to get them) :)

Last edited:

bajaiman

Enlightened
There are no shop that sells good torches here in Sydney apart from Kings of Knifes or maybe Gowings. Kings of Knifes sells a few Surefires but they cost a bomb :green:.

If you wanna get nice torches then I'd suggest get it shipped from overseas. There are plenty of good online stores here (lighthound, opticshq, supremeco, etc) that'll ship to Australia....

A word or warning tho...cut your credit cards before its too late ;) :D

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great to see another Aussie here! Stay awhile on CPF and enjoy the light! There's quite a few Aussies on the forums here and and even some from the dark side (sydney) :nana:

Do not buy from King of Knives, I was in their store about 2 weeks ago and they are a RIP OFF! Get them from b/s/t here on cpf, and lighthound.com! Oldgrandpajack in CPF is good and I've heard good stuff about Marty Weiner too.

On the aussie front www.tkgear.tk is sydney based and is just about the only reasonable source for SF. www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm has great torches for good prices.

Do you know which light you are looking for?

Haz

Enlightened
Great to see others from Australia too!.

In Sydney, there are very few places to purchase quality lights. However, i agree, it's pretty expensive at Gowings and Kings of Knives, and limited to mainly incandescent lights. I prefer to buy online where possible (CFP dealers, and Ebay), even factoring in shipping, it's generally better.

For luxeon lights, i have seen them at Jaycar electronics, and also a stand in Paddy's market in Haymarket. The ones they stock are no name brands, so i don't know about the quality.

Haz

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought some from Jaycar, not the best quality
luxeon drop in leds for MiniMag from Cutter electronics, (very costly in AU)
I usually get my better lights sent to me from the US.

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
Brian at tk gear is a great guy - I haven't heard much from him lately but from previous dealings I'd recommend (and still do) him for sf and other lights and he has a lot of other stuff too.