• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Parts needed for McE2S

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Isn't the switch moevement also changed to the "hair trigger" style by modifying something else, too? :shrug:
bernie

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kiessling said:
Isn't the switch moevement also changed to the "hair trigger" style by modifying something else, too? :shrug:

Yes, good point.

Here's a picture of the two side-by-side:

HPIM3212.thumb.jpg
[larger image]

The button is simply ground down to about halfway through the retaining o-ring channel.

In the photo, you can see that the distance between the button and the resistor borad is smaller in the flat-top. This distance can be shortened like that by taking the switch apart and grinding just a little tiny bit off the top of the post (the tall part of the bottom half of the switch body). If you take off too much then the button will always be in contact with the resistor board and you'll only have "high" mode. I usually tune this distance with a hand file, not a power tool. You can mod a regular McE2S this way as well - it's not specific to the flat-top.

Ivanhoe

Newly Enlightened
Tyler, when grinding down the post on a std aleph, do you get both a hair trigger and an easier to push "high mode" or does it only affect the initial stage? I have a std aleph tailcap on my l4 that I would like to lighten the pressure on the "high mode" if possible. Thanks,

Rod