A2---Help with Removing Lanyard Ring

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tried and tried to pry off the lanyard ring (which I don't need and gets in the way) from my A2, but can't budge it. I'm trying to be careful so as not to scratch the light itself.

Does anyone know any tricks for getting this off?

Thanks for any help.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
i believe you have to use a thin screwdriver or a knife and wedge it between one of the splits in the middle of the ring to pry it apart (slide in & twist). i was also pretty concerned about scratching the light, but with care, i was able to take it apart with the small blade of a swiss army knife. i did damage the plastic ring a bit, but only cosmetic damage and nothing significant...

maybe someone else can share more tips =)

WDR65

Enlightened
I use the tip of a ballpoint pen to take mine off and did no damage to the plastic. A small phillips head screwdriver with a good point would also probably do the job without damage.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it! Instead of trying to wedge my small flat headed screwdriver between the plastic parts of the ring itself, I instead tried inserting it (carefully!) between the ring (at the seam) and the body of the light. It worked---popped off with no damage to the light or the ring.

Thanks again for all suggestions.

WDR65

Enlightened
Glad to hear you got it. I forgot to tell you where to use it, sorry about that, but sounds like you figured it out alright.

cy

Flashaholic
AFAustin said:
I have tried and tried to pry off the lanyard ring (which I don't need and gets in the way) from my A2, but can't budge it. I'm trying to be careful so as not to scratch the light itself.

Does anyone know any tricks for getting this off?

Thanks for any help.
I'm needing an A2 lanyard ring. Please PM if you are interested in selling A2 ring

thanks,

Krit

Enlightened
Ha Ha , nice method. When I carry my A2, I have a trouble with it's ring holder too.

Brozneo

Enlightened
I just got an A2 and decided to try and remove that damn lanyard ring without consulting CPF - eg this thread... BAD IDEA!!!! I would highly recommend A SCREWDRIVER THROUGH THE LANYARD RING HOLE AND WITH LEVERAGE YANK IT OFF as I tried the pocket knife, knife into the small 'groves' first and now have the injuries to prove it!!!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's easier on your hands if you clamp it in a padded vise and then go to work on it. :caution::D:poke::ohgeez: