U2 and battery brands? Not all equil I guess.

lerch

Newly Enlightened
Hey fellas...

I noticed something today that seemed odd to me. I use my U2 for my job every night and If I lost it today and the price of the u2 went to $600 I'd buy another on in a heart beat that ho much I like it. Anyway. When I bought my U2 it cam with ten extra batteries. The brand is "Battery Station". The Surefires It came with lasted almost two months. I just replaced them lastweek with the Battery Station 123's last Monday so it's been a week. I go to use my U2 today and the batteries are just about shot. I'm real anal about leaving my light on when it's not needed so I twist it off after each use so I know it wasnt left on and I havent used my U2 any more or less than usual. Do you think I got a bum pair or are SF's batteries that good? I have ten SF's in the basment so I think I may just keep using them and pass the eight remaining BS 123's off to my dad.
Thanks,
Lerch

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i was you i'd see how the rechargeable 18650 li-ion 2200mAh work in your light... if your using it that much you would greatly like to have rechareables...

see http://www.lighthound.com/sales/protected_lithium_batteries.php

i have yet to get these for my U2 but i'm going to get one once i make my lighthound order... most people say they work great... you may not be as bright at full power... but thats just my uneducated thoughts...

lerch

Newly Enlightened
jar3ds said:
if i was you i'd see how the rechargeable 18650 li-ion 2200mAh work in your light... if your using it that much you would greatly like to have rechareables...

see http://www.lighthound.com/sales/protected_lithium_batteries.php

i have yet to get these for my U2 but i'm going to get one once i make my lighthound order... most people say they work great... you may not be as bright at full power... but thats just my uneducated thoughts...

I'm happy with getting almost two months out of the SF brand 123's. I can live with that without any problems and they are cheap enough if you buy them in bulk. Thanks for your input.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally, I have not observed any performance differences between Batterystation's and Surefire's 123As, in any light (including Surefires). There shouldn't be any, according to SilverFox's test results in this thread, in which both performed about the same, and in fact the Batterystations outperformed Surefires with 2A discharge.

Just bad luck on your part, I guess.

lerch

Newly Enlightened
elgarak said:
Personally, I have not observed any performance differences between Batterystation's and Surefire's 123As, in any light (including Surefires). There shouldn't be any, according to SilverFox's test results in this thread, in which both performed about the same, and in fact the Batterystations outperformed Surefires with 2A discharge.

Just bad luck on your part, I guess.

well, I guess I throw another set of the battery station 123's in and give them another shot.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
lerch, just out of curiosity: What batch are your Batterystation's 123As? They print the production month on the bottom. (No, I do not have any suspicion I want to confirm. I'm just curious, that's all).

lerch

Newly Enlightened
elgarak said:
lerch, just out of curiosity: What batch are your Batterystation's 123As? They print the production month on the bottom. (No, I do not have any suspicion I want to confirm. I'm just curious, that's all).
They all read "0505"