Any opinions on the Innova Xo3?

whgreeniv

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any opinions on the Innova X03 lights. Description looks pretty interesting so I bought one, just looking to see if any others had tried one.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, but over-rated my opinion says.

Compare my X0 to X03, and I barely sees a difference in output. Slight difference, but not as noticable as I hoped from the stats. No where near 80 lumens, not even in the same league as my Surefire L4s (60 lumens)....the X03 is grossly over-stated stats, but in terms of build quality and reliablity is very good not a bad light, but I don't think the stats are correct, not even in the ballpark.

10mmWiseman

Newly Enlightened
I have one in the Titanium finish and I like it a lot. It is a lot of flashlight for not a lot money. :popcorn:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
357 said:
Okay, but over-rated my opinion says.

Compare my X0 to X03, and I barely sees a difference in output. Slight difference, but not as noticable as I hoped from the stats. No where near 80 lumens, not even in the same league as my Surefire L4s (60 lumens)....the X03 is grossly over-stated stats, but in terms of build quality and reliablity is very good not a bad light, but I don't think the stats are correct, not even in the ballpark.

I expect that the L4's stats are severely underated! Keep in mind the XO3 is a Lux III and the L4 is a Lux V. I saw the X03 light at Fry's on Sunday and compared it's beam to my L4's (had it in my pocket), and it is pretty much was you'd expect--the L4 had a much wider beam, and the X03 was much more focused and the hotspot was brighter. No surprises.

I actually thought the light looked pretty good. I'm more of a 5 watt guy, though.

Drew

Newly Enlightened
I have had an Inova T3 for just under a month now and I love it. (I think the T3 and X03 have the same guts)

I am now on the 3rd set of batteries and I can't stop playing with it.

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried 3 x AA battery configuration too!

3AA.jpg

Crux

Newly Enlightened
Of the nine or ten Luxeon lights I have, the XO3 is the only Luxeon powered light I've purchased that I haven't even thought of modifying. I tend to agree that it doesn't seem as bright as I thought it would, but it does have decent throw and less sidespill than the optics based lights I've been making. I keep it in the car because the lithiums can tolerate the cold, and that beam is good at spotting addresses and such at a distance.

Its a keeper for me!

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
XO3/T3 do not been modified. Just add the extension tube to use AA batteries. The run time is about 2.5hrs use 2100mAh. But the brightness level is like semi-regulated. It start 85% brightness as CR123 x 2 and drop as Ni-MH discharging rate.

T3-AAx3.jpg

falconz

Newly Enlightened
Yep the XO3 does not even come close to the advertised 80 lumens.
Perhaps they just assumed that output just because that`s what Lumileds claimed for the maximum output for a Lux III. They never considered the efficiency and losses of the circuit board.

But don`t get me wrong. It`s still a excellent light. I really like mine. For this price point, it`s one of the better deals out there!
With a tank like body, UCL-type lens, HA anodising and such a deep optic, there`s little you can complain!
As for the "low" output, it`s more than enuf for everyday use. It will seem abit dim when used in a small room. But it really shines when you use it for medium range duties!

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
I took a look at the tail cap, could that stainless steel ring unscrew? I would really like to convert it to a clickie switch, other than that, the light is perfect...