awesome10x

fisher6355

Newly Enlightened
have just purchased a new sf10x and i am totaly blown away awsome power but was wondering how do mag rechargables compare to ultrastinger

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a confusing question. What does the 10X have to do with how a MC compares to an US?

In any case, I can tell you that the MC and SL-20X are very similar, with the MC having adjustable focus, more artifacts, better throw at tightest focus, and HA coating, and the 20X having less throw but more light (with 35X LA installed) and a fixed focus. The US will undoubtably have more throw than the 20X, but other than that I don't know and can't say.

The 10X, however, will blow the MC or US or 20X away. No contest. The MC probably throws farther, but who cares? The 10X puts out such a "wall of light" and the MC casts a pencil thin, laser-like beam (at tightest focus), that I'll take the 10X over the MC any day.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might care about throw. It depends on what you need. A close and medium range light, or one that will light up the inside of a car, or identify a friend or foe at a hundred meters.
That's why you carry one of each.

hector

Newly Enlightened
The 10x is obviously the nicest of the bunch, congrats. The 10x makes the other 2 lights a bit obsolete, except with regard to throw.

The MC has a very long run time (about 2 hours) and is brighter and with better throw than the US. But, the US is lighter and easier to carry and not a bad light either (less beam artifacts). The adjustable focus for either one of these is only marginally useful, but still sometimes handy.

Overall, the best utility light is the MC, it's nice to pick up and use knowing that it'll run for 2 hours (longer than almost I ever need). The 10x has a good runtime too, although bulbs are expensive and I feel like I'm carrying an expensive work of art and not a "flashlight".

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
Nice to hear the 10x is great. As for the magcharger vs the ultrastinger, I think it's personal preference. I find both to perform very similarly. About 1.5 hrs run between charges, both very bright with good throw and spill. I don't adjust the lens on either, preferring to use spot all the time. I find no dark spots in the beam of the ultrastinger, so I retired my two maglights in favor of the ultrastinger.

NextLight

Enlightened
In my experience, the Ultra Stinger has an advantage over the Magcharger for those with small hands, and I love the US's spot beam.

The Magcharger is a better club (errr, I mean emergency defensive impact tool) if your hands are large enough to hang on to it, with its superior head and body strength. The MC may be a bit easier to blind insert into the charger if one is in-and-out of a car really often with the light. YMMV.

Latest posts