I Hate You All

Primeight

Newly Enlightened
Before going on this site, I was your average joe consumer who just needed a new flashlight. Now, on those lonely nights, instead of visiting websights of questionable content, I find myself on surefire.com, streamlight.com, ect... dreaming of the day I can buy another light. As of now, I am carrying 4 Lights with me at work at night, have a new ultra stinger on order, hiding money aside to buy my first surefire (probably a 6p as a back up on my gun belt), and to top it off I had to lie to my wife, sneak out of the house after getting home from a midnight, and drive 20 min just to pick up Inova X5 from target ( first thing I did was run down in my basement to give it a whirl) So, instead of sleeping, I'm cruising the forums again. What did you do to me??? I feel like a crack head waiting for his next fix.

jtice

Flashaholic
yep, no turning back now !

Sit back and say good buy to your $$$ and sanity !!

oh, and Welcome to the Forum :D

E

Emilion

Welcome to the forum.
This is normal here, we understand how you feel.
The only I can say "Get them all!"

yekim

Enlightened
This sounds familiar...now where could I have heard this story before....oh, I know.......

Been going through the same darn thing. Wife's gonna kill me when she sees that there is another Nuwai on its way up here.

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I feel your pain. I just ordered a Pila GL4 and a holster from J.S. Burlys and my wife saw the $100 withdrawal as she was doing online banking last night and said "What is this for?"....

I suddenly got that heat sensation through my entire body that you get when you know you've screwed up and don't immediately have an answer so the only thing i could think to say to save myself was "Honey if you must know its a Christmas gift i bought for you but i can't tell you what it is".

Since she has no idea who J.S. Burly is she bought it for now....

<evil grin>....so now i'm into her Christmas presents for at least $100. :crackup:

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Here in the digital world ;) you can get away with more than you can in the real world.
Welcome to CPF; please fasten your seat belt and place your tray table in the fully upright and locked position. :thumbsup:

wwglen

Enlightened
I don't need another one...

Wait a second...

That River Rock Headlight looks good...

and that Lantern next to it...

and the Sears AAA tool light with the 3 cell PR based bulb for $14...

and...

and...

wwglen

yekim

Enlightened
iNDiGLo said:
I feel your pain. I just ordered a Pila GL4 and a holster from J.S. Burlys and my wife saw the $100 withdrawal as she was doing online banking last night and said "What is this for?"....

I suddenly got that heat sensation through my entire body that you get when you know you've screwed up and don't immediately have an answer so the only thing i could think to say to save myself was "Honey if you must know its a Christmas gift i bought for you but i can't tell you what it is".

<evil grin>....so now i'm into her Christmas presents for at least $100. :crackup:

Mine was looking at stuff last night, craft supplies for a kids party thing she wants to throw, she had put $100 worth of stuff in the shopping cart and was asking if she could buy it. I said to do whatever (apparently she was expecting me to talk her out of it) she needed to do. She replied "You just bought a flashlight, didn't you?"

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
Here in the digital world ;) you can get away with more than you can in the real world.
Welcome to CPF; please fasten your seat belt and place your tray table in the fully upright and locked position. :thumbsup:

problem is, you have to spend real world money

amlim

Enlightened
yekim said:
This sounds familiar...now where could I have heard this story before....oh, I know.......

Been going through the same darn thing. Wife's gonna kill me when she sees that there is another Nuwai on its way up here.

Actually, if you drop the "all", he sounds like Anakin Skywalker in Ep 3 at the end of the fight with Obiwan. Anakin screamed the same thing at Obiwan. :)

Macaw

Enlightened
I empathise with Primeight thoroughly!
Thinking about adding an Orb raw to my other two EDC lights (soon to be three when my Fenix comes in). Just in time for Real estate tax time in the show-me state!

WHY!... WHY!!!! Oh me oh my!!!

Scuse me while I visit mt bank account website...

amlim

Enlightened
iNDiGLo said:

Quick thinking... I guess its time to set up a "Photon slush fund" for flashlight buys. :laughing:

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL!

I have been a Flashaholic since early childhood.
For the most part, I resisted feeding the need, but it didn't stop me from walking past the flashlight aisle EVERY time I was at the store.

I only bought a few lights....until...CPF! I cannot recall how I stumbled onto this site, but it has been an excellent place to hang out.

I still do not own a Surefire...but that will change soon (G2!)...or E2E.

When in doubt, "Buy Both"!

Bob

Stream

Enlightened
Welcome to Flashaholics Anonymous. This is Primeight, and he has something he'd like to share... lol

Seriously, welcome to the board and good luck curing your addiction, 'cuz you'll get no help with that here :D

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
Before going on this site, I was your average joe consumer who just needed a new flashlight. Now, on those lonely nights, instead of visiting websights of questionable content, I find myself on surefire.com, streamlight.com, ect...=

Well think of it this way; if you're married at least you don't have to worry about your wife being angry over you're viewing pr0n.

My problem is now I have to add flashlights to my already to bloated list of stuff on which to blow my money.

But just let that electricity go out in a storm.......

Zigzago

Enlightened
You don't hate us. We're your friends.
You're just a little agitated, that's all.

When I get agitated I find that nothing
calms me down like buying a nice flashlight.

When you wake up, you'll go out and buy
another flashlight and you'll feel just fine.

You're getting sleepy... sleepy....