Pentagon light finish question

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking a the Pentagon light website and noticed that the Black flashlights have type 2 anodizing and the green flashlights have type 3 anodizing.
How many of you have Black Pentagon lights and how has the finish been holding up?

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I have both a black X2 and a black X3. The finish is typical Type II for me. I carried the X2 in my front pocket with a leatherman and the finish came off fairly easy from rubbing against the leatherman. I carried the X3 in my back pocket and it has some smooth wear from the actual pocket. The finish is not terrible but is nowhere near as good as the HA stuff. Carried my X2HA in my pocket with the leatherman and it has nary a mark.

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
spoonrobot.

Thanks for the info., I am going to call them soon. They only charge $10 more for the type 3 anodized OD models. From a consumer standpoint, I do not see why they do not just go with type 3 across the board.

Overall how to you like the lights?

Take Care and Thanks again for the information,
mtbkndad :wave:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
mtbkndad...I have the Pentagonlight L2 in HAIII, and I hafta say that the finish is VERY nice and quite durable! There is absolutely no variations in the HAIII tint from one end of the light to the other, and all in all this light has been VERY nicely done! I'm quite pleased with mine, and with Pentagonlight customer service...

PJD

Latest posts