LED keychain light for disabled?

MERLIN2oo2

Newly Enlightened
Greetings all!
I recently spent a fair bit of time looking at reviews of different LED keychain lights, but am still in need of some help. I'd like to get my mom a microlight for the holidays, but she has very severe arthritis so I need something that is extremely easy to operate. I personally have a Photon II, but I know that the constant-on switch would be impossible for her to use and keeping the button depressed is not practical. Suggestions, please? Anything with a twist-switch(like a Mag-Lite) is no good, since she can't rotate her wrists. I've been looking at the Inova Microlight and have read mixed reviews(although overly more positive than negative). I've also been looking at the Photon III/Freedom-type lights, but think that the rubberized switch on the Inova might be easier to grip. I actually bought an Inova Microlight at Target and it looks awesome to me, but I hate to open the package to examine it more thoroughly and compare it with my Photon II, especially since I'd like to be able to give it as a gift. Any feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thanks!

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer made a keychain light that has a pull on pull off switch on it. It was pretty bright and used 3 button cells. Think it was like 5 bucks or less in the light isle of walmart near the guns.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Some of those tiny keychain lights are hard to turn on by pressing. Would your mom be able to squeeze hard? Maybe a larger light with a slide-switch might be more suitable for her; something she could carry in her purse? Remember also that most non-flashaholics don't like "weird" batteries.

Shooozh, there was this great thread about light recommendations for elderly people a while back. I lost the link with the migration. :( Anyone remember/can find it?

MERLIN2oo2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like that elderly post you mentioned, Green, would be very helpful as well, if you can find it. My mom can squeeze things pretty well, so long as she doesn't have to squeeze it for long. I had given her a small slide-switch flashlight, but she really likes the tiny ones that are barely noticeable and can go on a keychain.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
While it's not exactly tiny, the Eternalight Derringer has a very easy switch to use and the different modes are easy to access. If all she wants is on/off, this is simple also.

Geoff

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
Maybe mod a light with a paddle switch/kroll replacement type thing.

MERLIN2oo2

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find some of these lights that are being mentioned? And unfortuantely, I am not very handy, so I don't think that modding is an option. I have soldered before(it was quite fun!) but I was more or less playing with a wasted circuit board.