Brighter and lighter than a Surefire E2...

Magic

Newly Enlightened
If I remember correctly, I bought my Surefire E2 in 2001. That's four years ago.

Certainly with the endless march of progress, there must be a light that is brighter than the Surefire E2 while also weighing the same, or less (preferably)!

Ideally this new light would also be smaller, and have better battery life. It would be great if it was an LED as well.

But I'll take just brighter at the same weight....

Oh, and I'd rather not pay more than I paid for my E2 (don't remember exactly, but not more than $90 I don't think...) It has been 4 years after all, things should be getting cheaper.

Does this light exist?

Thanks...

p.s. My E2 weighs 3 ounces with batteries installed.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think your going to find anything thats the same or better as the E2 (now E2e) for the same amount of money. A HDS 60 light should put out just about the same amount of light, being around 2 inchs shorter, however it only uses 1 battery and will not run for very long. IIRC its about 2 ounces?

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magic said:
Oh, and I'd rather not pay more than I paid for my E2 (don't remember exactly, but not more than $90 I don't think...) It has been 4 years after all, things should be getting cheaper.

Does this light exist?

The SureFire L4 meets your criteria except for cost.

Probably the best single cell lights are one of the HDS variations or the McLuxIII-PD, again overbudget.

Pelican M6 maybe? I don't know a lot about them, but people seem to like them.

Scott

pizzaman

Enlightened
While technology screams forward, the laws of physics still apply. NFL ("No Free lunch").

That said, I am amazed at the specs on the Peak Carribian. Much smaller than the E2, great output for a single battery LED, with simply amazing runtime. It won't match the E2 in sheer lumens, but the rest of the specs are "spectacular". Besides, the E2 looses much of its brightness after a bit of run time without regulation. The Carribian seems to have maximized efficiency/size/output in one cool little package. At $100 its not cheap, but you could do much worse for half the price.

I just picked up one of the SF A2s in black and it is cool beyond description. Still, it is a bit large for pocket carry depending on what I am wearing. While I wait patiently for my Arc AAA Premium, I am seriously considering adding the Peak Carribian to my arsenal.

http://www.peakledsolutions.net/caribian.html

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/peakled_caribbean.htm

Good luck, TR