How to pronounce "Luxeon"?

Learjet

Enlightened
Hi guys! I never thought there would be a flashlight forum. Then again I never thought I would get adicted to flashlights. My friends all think I'm nuts and I'm starting to suspect they may be right. :shakehead Especially after buying two more flashlights this week!

One of my new toys is a MXDL 3 watt Luxeon torch powered by 3 AAA cells. I think it's great, as I do all my babies. But how is "Luxeon" pronounced? I couldn't seem to find the answer in a search.

Is it as it's written, or Luxen with a silent O, or Luxon with a silent E, or something more French like Loo-shen or Loo-shon? :help:

CLHC

Flashaholic
Like they already said: Lux (lucks)-ee-on. . .I used to work for a company in Mountain View, and their client was LUMILEDS in Sunnyvale—the manufacturer of the Lux-E-On. Hope that helps!

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto

i always said Lux-On, but it's Lux-E-On

another way "Luxie-On" lol

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Most people I know call it "Lynn-ix" while some pronounce it "Line-ux." I always thought that one of those was the correct pronounciation (at least in the U.S.) but then Torvalds himself comes along and pronounces it "LEE-NOOX!" Agh!
:thinking::laughing:

Learjet said:
Wow what an active form! Thanks for all the replies. Lux (lucks)-ee-on it is then.

As for Linux, Linus himself demonstrates in a wav file here. http://www.paul.sladen.org/pronunciation/

Navck

Enlightened
kongfuchicken said:
"OW! My eyes!"

Thats what all the kids say when I blasted them with my Ministar2 maglite. They all thought "I hacked at life" (Its a saying for when they don't understand something, which is always).

Latest posts