Arc AAA Cross-threading? *RESOLVED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatalbert

Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend was fidgeting with my arc and had unknowingly cross-threaded it a bit. It seems now like if the head is applied perfectly straight it can start to cross thread for about 1/8 of a turn. Just wondered if this problem started with the girlfriend incident or if it's common/ nothing to worry about. Thanks for helping and excusing my obsessive compulsive disorder :sweat:

Edit: See Post #7 for resolution.

Last edited:

Flic

Enlightened
Re: Arc AAA Cross-threading?

Your girlfriend may not be the cause, but she may have worsened the situation. I have three Rev. 4 ARC-P and have noticed that all of them have a tendency to cross thread, something I have never experienced with my older versions. The situation was not sufficiently problematic for me to return the lights. It's really more of a nuisance than anything else. It just forces me to be more careful. And this did not stop me from placing another order... these things are great!!

Mine came from order #1426. And yes, I let Peter know.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

We did get 1 or 2 complaints by email about cross threading on early units. Those units were replaced. I also double checked the threads on the production line awhile back and we made changes to the CNC program to increase the percentage of mesh.

The classic AAA design has a decent history of thread operation. The trick with a new production line is getting back to that spec, holding it and even surpassing it.

Please send me an email and we will replace those units with some new units that should have a better mesh to the threads. This applies to anyone else who may also be having this problem.

I would characterize this as a rare but important problem. Whenever you deal with threads, there is always a potential for cross-threading, galling, etc but in normal use, those are rare.

Peter

Last edited:

phatalbert

Enlightened

Email question sent.
Peter you are the best. I am insreasingly happy with my purchase of the Arc over the matterhorn. Thanks for your product and unsurpassed customer service. :rock:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an older earlier rev3 or 2.5 whatever arc and I've taken the head off plenty of times and it never wants to cross-thread. That my testiment that the older ones have proven time!

phatalbert

Enlightened

Just wanted to post that this issue has been completely resolved.
I wasn't even sure if I had a defective Arc, but Peter answered all of my questions very quickly and encouraged me to send it back for inspection. Now my new aaa is on the way.
It's incredible to me that someone who already has my money is so concerned with customer satisfaction and responds in such a timely, problem solving manner. Hat's off to Arc.
:thumbsup:

zoomin

Newly Enlightened

Peter demonstrates what real customer service should look like.

SteveK

Newly Enlightened

I was one of those few with the thread problem. I'm assuming mine was from the first batch back in August. The problem worsened until the head would not even stay on the body. I sent Merry an email and it was all good. I returned my rev4 AAA and it was replaced immediately.

Yes... Good CS.

Now I'm waiting for the back-order time to diminish as I'd like a couple more.

Status
Not open for further replies.