Which is best -PALight or Safe-Light ?

KenBar

Enlightened
I have never had a Pal light go bad and I have had them since the beginning.

Also...if it matters...

I took one to Bulgaria with me to an orphanage, and left it as they liked it so much.

I spoke to a person in the company (Florida I think ) about it when I got back as I thought it was sort of unique that one of their lights was over there so quickly.

They sent me one of every type/color they made to take with me to the orphanage on my return trip to pick up my daughter. Sort of nice folks.
Ken

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The Safe-Light folks are certainly polite, professional, and certainly a pleasure to deal with. A LOT of modern day companies should get the hint and model their customer service/relations after them!!!

My family & friends absolutely LOVE the standard line of PALights (to include the discontinued model that has selectable brightness levels!)! Most of those who got them from me, have reversed the lens to allow for a wider beam.

I've not received the the polycarbonate "wide-beam" model yet - but they are in transit. Therefore I can't say anything about that model other than, I've not read anything bad about them. Looks like the translucent top will make them an excellent "area light" during a power outage!!

These little lights are certainly worthy of being in anyone's collection of tools, lights, & practical gadgets!!!

The current sale/CPF discount they are offering (see the "Dealer's Corner" - though I think the thread should probably have gone to the Manufacturer's Forum?)...anyway, the current discount certainly makes them very affordable and is an opportunity to buy a "few" for friends & family!! You wouldn't be sorry for that purchase!! :thumbsup:

No I don't work for them, I BELIEVE in them!!!

vic303

Enlightened
We've got two of the PALights already, and have at least 3 Safe-Lights in transit. Went with the SafeLights for the kids as it should be easier to spot them in the dark since the end cap of the light glows, unlike the original PALs. Haven't gotten around to flipping the lens over, but have considered it.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a bit of discussion on this. I own and like palights as well but want to get a safelite sometime as I would prefer the wider beam of light. It would be particularly attractive if they upgraded the LEDs to something more modern.

JJHitt

Enlightened
If I was to only get one... (which no one ever does) ... I'd get the PAL light. My first reaction on getting a Safe-Light was pretty negative. But it's grown on me in time. The main reason being they are VERY easy to find in the dark.

I had modified a few of my PALs with panel lamp "jewels" instead of the stock lens just to make them easier to locate in the dark. The Safe-Light already has 360 degree visibilty.

The ability to turn OFF the "constant on" has been more of a nuisance than a benfit. I would much rather have a way to completely bypass the flasher mode.

Buy both... it'll make you feel better.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I still feel the BEST model was the one that they discontinued: "The Selector" which allowed one to hold the button until one of seven levels of brightness suited the task. Then one more press of the button, brought the light back to the "glow" mode.

PLEASE PALight - BRING THIS ONE BACK!!