• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: UWOK bin stars/emitters

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
whammy707 said:
HarryN
I only need one so if he can come up with some I would rather have a UWOJ or better and I guess I could pay a premium for just one.

Just to put this in perspective, when you buy "just one" from Future, they pull from an existing standard reel - no binning.

In order to obtain a bin, you need to buy a "reel", which is normally 250. They have occasionally started selling reels of 100, but the setup is unclear. In the particular case of the UX1Ms, it got into a bidding war, and the price per each (X 100 parts) was getting very close to the price Photon Fanatic sells individual UX1x s for. That is quite a cash outlay.

JMHO, but I will be really impressed if we find these before Xmas.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
whammy707 said:
What I don't understand is if they are binning the emitters why in the hell can't they sort them at the same time? Is corporate management that stupid?

Uhh, not that I'm into being a cheerleader for Lumileds, but binning is sorting.

Perhaps you meant to phrase that another way?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure why you are having this challenge with your bin purchases. If you have an account with Future, and the ability to purchase an entire reel of emitters, then you can call Future, tell them what you want, and they can get it for you (assuming it is not unobtanium).

If your needs are less than a reel, then you do need to buy from someone on CPF.

You need to be realistic about your goals. TWOK is very available. If you want UWOH, then your request falls into the famous words of my mother "People in Hell want ice water, but that doesn't mean they are going to get it."

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
UWOK... i've heard of the existance of dozens of them EVER.. if fred is out, there is not much hope in finding them. The reality is that with how light works and eyes work... you will not likely visibly see the difference between a Tbin and a Ubin, especially if it's a 'bright' Tbin.. i usually measure about 20-25% increase in brightness with Ubins i'm using, but in my case.. usually that also comes with a 15% increase in power so i'm only getting 9% more lumen/watt. Is it really worth double to triple the price? not really... i put Ubins in a couple of my lights.. but i don't promote it in the ones i sell it's not really worth it.. you have to be a fanatic to go that far.. most people have more will power and reason to use the $ someplace else.

-awr