Average Turnaround Return Time from Surefire ???

jtice

Flashaholic
I had to send in my new L5 to be replaced by Surefire,
due to the bad doughnut hole :( :cry:

Anyone know the average turnaround time on something like this?

Thanks
~John

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I have sent mine in, they have gotten it back to me EXTREMELY quickly!!

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Two weeks.

I sent a L2 that was flickering & got it back in a week or two.

I wasn't to happy having a light flicker & I thought this is why I buy "best" lights instead of cheep lights.

Surefire sent it back pretty fast and included a note that said all it needed was cleaning.
ohgeez.gif
Boy was I embarassed. It also reminded me that even "best" quality lights need maintainence.

This reminds me of an old saying. Learn to laugh at yourself and you'll always be amused.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Yep -- about 2 weeks, based on my one return/repair incident (a KL1). They did it right, too. Best dang light I own, now.

Sorry about your L5, JTice. Betcha it'll be worth the wait. Let us know how the repaired L5 turns out for you. I'm seriously considering one, too.

CLHC

Flashaholic
I agree that SureFire has what is considered the "best" illuminating tools in the industry bar none. (Italics mine)

I did send in my 10X Dominator a couple of years ago and the turn-around time for that was longer than I anticipated—something like 6 to 8 weeks. That's a different story though. . .

But here's one on a replacement. I got a M2 from OldGrandPaJack on the 11th of this month. The "belt clip" was broken and immediately emailed SureFire rather than calling the 800 number. They responded the next day the 12th, saying that a replacement will be sent out. I received it this afternoon—October 22 2005 via U.S.P.S. So that would be 10 days? I can appreciate that!

DDS

Enlightened
I sent a brand new U2 back that had a severe donut hole too. It took about 2.5 weeks to get the replacement which was worse than the first one! It has now been over 3 weeks and I still haven't received my light. I finally emailed them and they said that the U2's were out of stock and they were "awaitiing new stock" for the repair department. I was told that the replacement I received was shipped in error. Very frusrtrating, but not much you can do about it. Hope yours works out better than mine has :)!

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
I just sent in my U2 on 6/1/07 and wanted to see if Turnaround times were still an issue or if maybe surefire had found a way to shorten the time that it was takeing. I noticed that the last post in this thread was in 05 that's why I ask.

tussery

Enlightened
I sent in my X200B in to be repaired and they received the light on 5/24 and Surefire had it sent out on 5/30. So that would be a turnaround time of 3 days minus the weekend and memorial day.

iced_theater

Enlightened
I did send in my 10X Dominator a couple of years ago and the turn-around time for that was longer than I anticipated—something like 6 to 8 weeks. That's a different story though. . .

I sent in my 10X Dominator charger as it was charging intermittently. I still haven't received it back yet. Going on 6 weeks now. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

On my L7 they had that back to me in something like 10 days from when I sent it in.

The-David

well they have had my U2, 10 days now...UPDATE: called them today and they told me there wating on parts and it will probley be anouther week :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that there is an "average". Depends on what it is, and availability. I've waited anywhere from 1 week to 4 months.

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I sent back a Kroma for repair in the middle of March. Surefire says they mailed it back to me on the 7th of April. It still hasn't arrived. Several calls to their repair department have always ended up with a, "give it a few more days/weeks/etc. to arrive." I think I'll call them back today. I don't think my case is average, but still it shouldn't take this long to get them to realize the returned Kroma isn't going to show up and they need to send out a replacement.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I emailed them 3 days ago about getting a replacement z59 switch sent to me. When I tried to call the guy on the phone became rather rude when I informed him I was an international customer (canada), he told me internation customers had to use email to contact Surefire. The email was read 2 days ago(read reciept) but I did not recieve a reply to confirm if a new switch was being sent out or not like I had requested in the original email. I can only hope they are sending a switch. This is my first dealing with Surefire directly and I have to say I am far from impressed with thier customer service....

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another 2 weeks here for the exchange of my KL5 head (it let in water through the bezel, which discolored the reflector). Which turns out to be pretty much only shipping time for the damaged KL5 getting to them, and the new one getting to me.

The-David

*sigh* They've had my U2 for over 6 months now :(

Hope there not pulling that same stunt with me... I flat wont put up with it. $200 light for that price they can fix or replace it in a reasonable time or I expect a full refund...

Update on my U2, they still have it, 4 weeks now. I was told by the kid on the phone 4-6 weeks turnaround time on repairs("parts are on backourder"). Ile give them two more weeks befor I start getting realey upset. But I am going to call and see if the U2 is truley backourdered or not.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope there not pulling that same stunt with me... I flat wont put up with it. $200 light for that price they can fix or replace it in a reasonable time or I expect a full refund...

Update on my U2, they still have it, 4 weeks now. I was told by the kid on the phone 4-6 weeks turnaround time on repairs("parts are on backourder"). Ile give them two more weeks befor I start getting realey upset. But I am going to call and see if the U2 is truley backourdered or not.
I think Surefire will only give refunds within the first 30 days. So if you have a problem in the first 30 days you are much better off asking for a refund. If you still want the same Surefire you could spend the money on a new Surefire and save yourself a couple of months waiting for a repair \ replacement.