Any fellow CPF'ers ever see a UFO?

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today, Sci-Fi channel is running specials on UFO's, and evidence thereof. It is AMAZING how all the people interviewed (including police officers) explain things in VERY layman terms. Now, dont get me mistaken, I am NOT talking about aliens or flying saucers, I am talking UNIDENTIFIED flying objects. The BEST description I heard on the show so far was, it was reddish orange and strobing very fast. Now I know my eyes are OK enough to tell if something is broad or narrow spectrumed, ie if a reddish orange light was gas discharge or incandescent (sp?). While I have never knowingly seen anything like this, I DO however believe that some of these sitings are UNIDENTIFIED, meaning, not a plane (as one would normally recognize), or stars. I DO also believe that the US military has ALOT to hide in the department of high tech stuff, useually for spying or defence, ION engines and alternate modes of energy use. (keep in mind that Tesla had some really goofy $#!t too, but in modern times, some is plausable). Not to mention how high energy electromagnetic fields can form plasma, useually made from mother earth herself.

So my question is this... Have you ever seen what most others would concider a UFO, but had a better explanation? Either through logic, reason, or knowledge..

Jeff

greenLED

Flashaholic
Me and 3 other friends saw a UFO once. It was a medium size spherical object and it glowed internally from red to orange to yellow (seemed random). We tracked it for over 20 minutes (smooth and slow movement, from right to left, across the clear night sky) and then saw it land. We could tell it "landed" because we could see it lower its elevation against the mountains in the background, and the UFO was probably 1Km or less away from us. It was quite a sight. We were half intrigued, half scared, but we decided to look for the landing site anyway. We got in the car and I hadn't driven more than a few 100 meters when we saw another UFO take off from our right, behind a small wooded area!!

We got out of the car again, and that's when we realized there was a group of people where the UFO had just taken off. They were celebrating some cultural event and, as we learned afterwards, part of the celebration traditionally includes making hot air ballons and releasing them at night. The changing colors we saw came from a small flame inside the balloon (a small fuel container).

The globe was a UFO through and through... until we learned they were "small" ('bout 6 feet in diameter) hot air balloons.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive seen 2, been aboard one.

One was in the car with folks, traveled by the wakefield weather center and we saw something as the car was lit up in a severe thunderstorm. It was as if time stood still. We were all blinded. Things resumed and we were just stunned that the driver didnt loose it going 55 down hwy 460. THe radio in the car didnt work any more and some dashboard lights quit. No marks on the car.

Later I saw one above my apartment. A round sphere that took off vertically and vanished. It looks like a silver bowling ball. That night had a dream I was onboard. The two aliens had a giant screen in front of them of the world with the US in sight. They had tons of buttons over and under the screen and made things happen like storms and other "natural" occurances we take for granted. I was behind them in another area just looking out at their backs and screens.

They send info to me time to time. Like the cattle mutulations are for dna. They mean no harm and if they did, they could easily take us out or erase us from history. Some folks believe they are US from the future coming back to help save the planet and extend our lives.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I've never seen a "UFO", although whenever I'm out at night, letting the dog out, taking out the trash, or walking to my car in the driveway I look up. It's like playing the lottery, "if you don't play, you can't win."

My biggest dream would be seeing a supernova the instant it lights up. Actually the light-front paasing Earth, from however long ago/far away it actualy happened. That would be special. Just not "too close". A supernova even within a couple hundred light years would be bad news for Earth, all the X, Gamma, and UV would be at minimum bad mojo for the ozone layer. Even closer, and it would irradiate life on the surface directly. Luckily, there's no old supergiant stars in the local neighborhood, AFAIK.

Even in the light poluted heart of the Milwaukee Metro, you can see lots of cool things. Mars shining bright on close approach in the Eastern sky around 8-9 pm, recently in conjunction with the full moon, the Aurora Borealis, satelites, the International Space Station on it's northwest inclined orbit.

Just last week I was looking up, and saw a brilliant fireball cover about 20 degrees of sky, from East to West. Considering it was only 9:00pm at the time and North America had not yet turned over the horizon into Earth's orbital motion about the sun, it was more likely a piece of space junk, than a meteor, but it was still cool to see something fleeting like that. For all I know, I might have been the only person to see that particular fireball.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My old college roomate, whose judgement I trust, described seeing something one night that he couldn't explain. I think it was a ring of white lights shining down, almost like spotlights, and no sound. He and a friend watched it for at least a couple minutes. I recall feeling he was pretty jazzed about the experience, and was not making a joke.

I'm still looking. Bring on that big black triangle that Art Bell saw.

Geoff

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I've seen speculation in several places (Even Popular Science mag.) that the "big black triangle" UFO's are gigantic "stealth blimps" that the Department of Defense is experimenting with.

They're rumored to be for reconnisance (the need for stealth there is obvious) Or, troop/material transports that are faster than ships, slower but bigger/more efficient than cargo planes, and has VTOL capability at unimproved or no landing field, save an area clear of obstructions. Or, for long loiter time hovering weapons platforms, battlefield sensors, or as a communications relay. Stealth and night ops would make sense, because such a blimp would be a sitting duck for several kinds of weapons systems. But the sky is big, and it's hard to hit what you can't see. I would suppose that it's designed so individual rifle fire ought not bother it too much, and American air power AA suppresion doctrine takes care of the rest.

The engines are supposed to be electrical ion engines, kind of like a gigantic version of those "ionic breeze" Sharper Image air cleaners. Silent with no moving parts.

I can see it now,

Time: Night.

Enemy: A night desert patrol.

"Abdul, do you smell that?

What? That wasn't my Falafel!

No! I smell NOTHING! The air… It's to clean!

THE AMERICANS ARE COMING! SOUND THE ALARM!" :D

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
About two years ago I noticed a light in the sky that resembled a star, but it was much larger and brighter than any of the other stars. I looked at it for awhile and saw that it was moving in a straight line. I figured it must be an airplane, then realized that it was moving much too slowly to be a plane. As I recall it was visible for about two hours. I suppose it could have been a meteor burning in the upper atmosphere, or perhaps a satellite. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nikon, I too have seen objects like you described. Growing up outside Chicago and now in the flightpath of Chicago, Detroit and GR, I see lots of planes both high and low altitude. With planes you can useually (95%) see the belly or wingtip strobe patterns. I have seen metiors travel VERY slowly, they useually have a irregular flicker too them and sometimes leave a faint tail. I even saw one 'POP' many years ago (saw it going across the sky, and then it turned into a trail of glittering dust, I remember saying, I HOPE that wasnt a plane!!!) On one or two occassions I remember watching a object move across the sky, really slow, not flickering, too slow for a plane at high altitude. Most I can figure was a satellite or some space junk (pleanty up there). I dont remember what direction it was traveling, but it WAS a straight line.

Jeff

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I've seen several UFO's.

The first was when I was a teenager. A beautiful Violet glow followed a speck as it raced across the sky. The glow stopped and started again irregularly. I've since come to recognize vapor trails at sunset.

Then I followed a mysterious pulsating glow in the moonless night sky. Green, then white, then green again. After chasing it for a few miles (my passengers and I were quite excited) we realized it was a small cloud just a few hundred feet off the ground that was being lit by the local airport beacon. No other clouds were in sight, so it was really wierd. We watched the cloud dissipate as we discussed life on other planets.

I've not seen a UFO that did not eventually resolve to something comonplace.

When I was young, the "telling sign" of a UFO was to see one that did not travel in a straight line or that blinked out and re-appeared. I've since seen the military jets that can turn in incredibly small areas. At the air races in Reno a few years back a Navy jet "flew the pylons" (a roughly round course a mile or two long laid out over the desert) near the speed of sound. It was banking the entire time.

Daniel

LaserFreak

Enlightened
I've seen one.

I was at our private club, upstairs on the patio, and I can see planes coming in on the final approach path to John Wayne Airport in the distance, and then all of a sudden I see a bright amber glow moving slowly and steadily towards me. I kept my eyes on it, wondering what the hell it was, and then all of a sudden it shot off at a much faster speed leaving an amber trail for a split second. It disappeared after it shot off...I assume it left the atmosphere.

I for one, think that we'd be naive to think that we're the only intelligent life in the universe--it's just too big. I'm sure there's species out there that are far more advanced in technology than we are, and that they've been visiting for quite some time. If they were hostile creatures, we'd probably be extinct by now.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Yes I have seen (something) three different times. Once at Ft. Hood TX. alot of people saw several objects at night and we saw jets flying towards them it was years ago when I was a kid but the "things" zipped off before any jets got anywhere near them. This was on the news Two times here in Arkansas I saw objects I did not know what it was. Both times it was broad daylight one was very fast seemingly leaving the ground and was gone in a flash the other one seemed to be hovering or maybe flying directly away from me and a fellow worker we watched that one for aleast 4 minutes and then it dissapeared. It really freaked the other guy out ( invasion little green men stuff like that) but I just did not know what it was, the next morning we had a sonic boom that was heard for miles around even parts of Missouri heard it. The news reported a possible meteor causing it who knows I do not.
Topper

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching a show on UFOs... interesting. I dont believe a word of it. I dont think that Aliens exist, but if they did it would have to be in a very far away planet. They would need air, otherwise... how would they funcion? But I really doubt that aliens really exist.

-David

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Many years ago I saw something in the night sky that I couldn't explain at the time. It was a bright spot of light travelling rapidly across the sky. It split into two bright spots and then vanished.

I used to think it was a UFO (or two). Now I think it was a meteorite that split into two pieces and then burned up.

CLHC

Flashaholic
UFOs eh? Isn't that a cartoon show from Japan that I used to watch some 25 to 30 years ago?

Anyhou, as people already mentioned here on this thread, the military has many projects regarding "flying objects"—in particular stealth ones. Now here's a question for ya'll. Why would the military be studying owl's feathers? Could it be it's because these flying nocturnal creatures fly about the night skies and swoop on their prey virtually without sound? They only time I hear the owls in my neighborhood is when they screech/shriek or make that clicking sound and I can see them not too far above me. One could say they flying low.

So maybe it has to do with the stealth modes of these owls that interests the military? So that they can continue to build their U.F.O.s?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
with all do respect, there are no aliens, and I really hope you guys are kidding.

-David

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
AJ_Dual Ive heard that too before. One story, the big triangle is made up of smaller ones with one smaller triangle per person. They are filled with hydrogen and can break off so it appears to disappear as the guys dispurse or drop on their target. I think it was called a w22 or something like that. They are flown at night so they ar enot seen. Of course if you see a triangle at night it would cover the stars in a triangle pattern.

The_LED_Museum, wow, you must be interesting to them to have those encounters. Supposely youve been had by time you see one come and go. You see them til they get in range, they abduct you, then return you as you see them go away.

PhotonWrangler, I think 3 weeks ago a bright light was seen over FL between the hurricanes. I recall hearing it on a morning show called monsters of the morning. Seems it was a big affair in the Orlando area.

One think Ive always found interesting is that a lot of UFOs are seen near military bases. Ive assumed those are our air crafts. Those else where, alien or us from the future.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My wife and I saw something last year that we cannot explain.
There is a graveyard on a hill about 400 yards from my house. During the day in the fall and winter you can see the tombstones with your naked eye. But there are some trees blocking you from seeing all of the graveyard. The graveyard is very old and there are people who served in the Revolutionary war buried there as well as some graves that are just marked with rocks. No one has been buried there since the 1960's I dont believe. Anyway I was walking by the double glass door in my kitchen (You can look out the door and see the graveyard, or at least where it is) one night and I saw a bright light in the graveyard. I at first just thought it was coon hunters or maybe an ATV. But then I noticed the light kept changing colors. It would go from white to red to orange to blue (cannot remember the exact order) at a very fast pace. The light was so bright that you could see the headstones in the graveyard. Much too bright for a headlight or a flashlight. I know the boys who coon hunt around here and they have nothing that would light up an area the way this light did. I never heard a sound from the graveyard at all. I called to my wife and we watched it for maybe 5 minutes outside then it just disapeared. Not 5 seconds later it reappeared in a field across the river behind my house. Very bright with the flashing lights just like before but no sound at all. Then maybe 2 minutes later it disappeared again.
We have never seen it again.
I have no idea what it was but I would love to know.

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I co-own a shack out in the Mojave near Landers, CA. Landers is second to Roswell, New Mexico for that kind of stuff. (Google "Integratron." :D ) We had a party going one night and a bright light appeared in the sky- too bright for a cellestial object and stationary. Stationary for long enough to get everybody's attention. (Yes, the alcohol was flowing!) It finally started slowly- moving towards us! Many minutes later, it flew over at (best guess) ~30,000 ft! It was a landing light on an aircraft! Why it was on at that altitude is anybody's guess.

Larry