Just Arrived: Pila GL4 WooHoo!!

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
Came home today to find a box on my front porch with my new Pila GL4 inside from J.S. Burly's. My first impression of only holding the light and comparing against my SureFire P6 is :wow: .

The construction and precision machining on this thing is second to none. Its a nicely weighted illumination tool and has 4 white LEDs in the tail.

I thought my Surefire P6 had a decent brightness at 60 Lumens but the light output and side throw is awesome.

I'm definantly glad i added this to my "growing" arsenal.

I also purchased the GL4 Holster with it that i can already tell i will never use unless i can somehow modify it to cover the LED end of the flashlight. I simply don't want that end of the light exposed.

Someone mentioned in another thread about some possible holster alternatives by other manufacturers that were not specifically made for this light but might work and give the additional coverage to the entire light.

I'll have to look into it.

:candle: iNDiGLo

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! Nice usable wall of light with tons of output and one of the cleanest beam i've ever seen. It's heavy enough to make a good mini club too.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Glad to hear you like it. I have 3 of them I like the red and the green tailcaps best (less bright than my white led tailcap). A clickie with no led's is not a bad option either. Not sure on the holster I do have one but I do not use it.
Topper

greenLED

Flashaholic
Congratulations. Pila lights are built like tanks, and for some reason they don't get the recognition they deserve. Very versatile too, when you use the LED tailcap.

I love my GL3R too; we should start a "club".

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now get yourself some nice, fat, Pila 168A rechargeable cells and a Pila charger (AC or car) so you can use your GL4 guilt-free.