Inova X5 White LED (blue tint)

Cagmag

Newly Enlightened
My new X5 (White LEDs) from Target has an extremely irritating BLUE tint :rant:. Is this normal or are 5mm LEDs subject to the same "Luxeon lottery" I've been reading about?

I love everything about the light except for the tint. Does the tint vary very much from light-to-light?

Thanks

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well... for one thing, MOST WHITE LED HAS A BLUE TINT,that is unless you get some reealll good ones to mod it with. the blue tint is also affected by the battery you use, as the light is resistored not regulated at all. so if the battery's starting voltage is a lil high, the led will tell you by getting a lil blue.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I once had an X5 that is now on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico with a Crab probably eating barnacles off of it. :buddies:

Anyway, it also had a blue tint to it, it was my first led, so I thought that is just the way it was.

Anyone have a non-blue tint here on there X5???

-PSM

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
My X5 has a slight blue tint, but I've seen much worse. It's about as blue as the average 5mm LED flashlight that I've seen. It doesn't bother me at all.

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I got an X5 a few weeks ago. It has a blue tint in the center of the flood on a white ceiling and an almost yellowish incan tint surrounding the blue. I like it. Outside, where I bought it for, I don't really notice it.

Latest posts