Remember New Orleans - Wayne LaPierre

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Sorry about the popups. I have a popup blocker and did not see them.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have FireFox, add the Extension called:

No Scripts v1.1.3.3 or later...

Basically, you block all java/java scripts except at sites that you want to allow (also can block plug-ins like flash).

I have been using Norton Anti-Virus/spam to block ads and popups--but the new pop-ups (like at News Max) seem to get around it for now...

-Bill

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my NRA Freedom magazine today and a few pages were devoted to the NOLA gun grab. It might be time to buy that Springfield M1A I've had my eye on.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
That article caused me to renew my NRA membership, which had lapsed for several months. The NRA isn't perfect (nor am I :)) but they certainly are rowing the boat in the right direction.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
That does it, I'm getting another 45 for my girlfriend. The poop that went down in NOLA was just sad, and the protection of the police was just a joke. I'm a strong believer in "a polite society is an armed one", and this is exactly why. When I saw the news report of gangs raping women and then slitting their throats, it just proves my point: outlaws operate outside the law, and those who obey law got shafted...

I'm in school in berkeley, but it's just minutes away from Oakland where a lot of gangs operate, and becaue the laws here, friearms ownership is extremely low. So we have a lot of weathy people with no menas of self-protection that are sitting ducks for the gnags. that and the risk of earthquke, which means if there is an earthquake, buildings will be on fire, people will be hurt, and the thugs WILL be out...

Nick

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
270winchester said:
I'm in school in berkeley, but it's just minutes away from Oakland where a lot of gangs operate, and becaue the laws here, friearms ownership is extremely low. So we have a lot of weathy people with no menas of self-protection that are sitting ducks for the gnags. that and the risk of earthquke, which means if there is an earthquake, buildings will be on fire, people will be hurt, and the thugs WILL be out...

Nick

While I agree in essence, the laws are really VERY loose.

I live 25 miles from you, and there is no law preventing me from buying a firearm. It might not be the one I like, but my budget is more of a limiting factor than the law is. There are several gun shops listed in the local phone book.

I was surprised that my city has no gun stores. There is one within 15 miles in a neighboring city.

My point? If the wealthy people of the oakland hills want to have a firearm, they can arrange it with minimal fuss. If they want to carry one legally, they will have a hassle.

BTW, I only have known three people living or operating a business in Oakland. Two of them had hand guns. Not scientific, but makes you wonder. I carry pepper spray when I go there.

Daniel

attowatt

Enlightened
If my memory serves me correctly...

Didn't Sean Penn(actor) go help out after the hurricane in new Orleans, toting a shotgun?

was_jlh

Enlightened
attowatt said:

Didn't Sean Penn(actor) go help out after the hurricane in new Orleans, toting a shotgun?

Yes, he did Attowatt, I'm so glad they shot footage of him carrying. Interesting how he suddenly forgot that guns are evil. :shakehead

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by attowatt

Yes, he did Attowatt, I'm so glad they shot footage of him carrying. Interesting how he suddenly forgot that guns are evil. :shakehead

He sure has played a lot of "Bad Boy" parts. It is almost funny to hear he thinks of "guns" as evil.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see that abouyt Penn. Anyone remember a link or anything? I'd like to find it since he's on of Sarah Brady's poster children.

was_jlh

Enlightened
BIGIRON said:
I didn't see that abouyt Penn. Anyone remember a link or anything? I'd like to find it since he's on of Sarah Brady's poster children.

/ dead link removed /

"Lucy! You've got some 'splaining to do!"

Last edited: