You people are costing me toooo much money.

Cyblade

Newly Enlightened
I was happy with an inova micro light and a gerber infinity then I came here. Now I've got an inova x5 and x1, surefire g2, river rock 2aaa and I just went and bought the lantern and headlight. Now I'm looking at conversion heads and maybe getting the Fenix L1P and a couple dozen other cool lights I've read about on this forum. God I'm gonna need another job.........

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can stop anytime I want.
Pssst, wanna good deal on a Thor, or maybe an HID?

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well is that ALL ? ?? ???. You obviously nead something impractical like this then:

DSCN3854.JPG

or pratically to useful but expensive:
DSCN3893.JPG

Hey it all comes out in the wash-Its ONLY money not light.

TorchMan

Enlightened
To quote a cetain movie villian: "It is too late for me..."

There should be a warning screen here, that says "Enter at your own risk".

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I've bought more flashlights in a short space of time since discovering CPF. I have purchased mostly name brand stuff, but I did buy two modded flashlights. I can say I'm impresssed with the knowledge of the people on this site. The technical and practical blend very well here. It produces a buy with confidence attitude.

I never had much use for Target, until lately...........

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
TorchMan said:
To quote a cetain movie villian: "It is too late for me..."

There should be a warning screen here, that says "Enter at your own risk".

i know seriously... this site isn't only costly in monetary value...it also ate up my studying time for organic test i had friday.....you guys and your freaking exotic lights!!!!
and now im planning on buying a U2 too!!! look what y'all doing to an already poor student!!!! shame on you
:p hahaa :p

Last edited:

TorchMan

Enlightened
scaredofthedark said:
i know seriously... this site isn't only costly in monetary value...it also ate up my studying time for organic test i had friday.....you guys and your freaking exotic lights!!!!
and now im planning on buying a U2 too!!! look what y'all doing to an already poor student!!!! shame on you
:p hahaa :p

Ah, yes, the U2. An ad on a site for it ultimately led me here.

To paraphrase a certain green puppet/CG character from the same movie series as the villian I quoted: "Once you start down the path of The Light Side, forever will it dominate your destiny".

Seriously, keep studying, tell yourself that studying will equal better paying job, which will equal more flashlights!

I do understand though, I read here until blurry eyed, and it all blurs in my head. I have flashlight dreams some nights...

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cyblade, welcome to CPF! There's no sense in blaming your lack of self-control on us; none of us have any in the first place! I think your accusation is really a veiled compliment. So yes, I think you need a good 3watt luxeon as well as a 5 watt. That G2 has a ton of potential: BOG 3watt drop-in module, UCL lens, rechargeable li-ions, 2 stage switch, P90..........:whistle:

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
Nonsense! I suspect that to many others, including yours truly, CF is merely helping to reveal things you desperately needed ... but didn't know about until they were brought into the light, so to speak. :ironic: Ahem.

TorchMan

Enlightened
lightlust,

How dare you desecrate such a sacred piece of art! I beg of you to come to your senses at once, and replace that common flashlight with the original that was in the painting, a Night-Ops Gladius in OD shining a divine white beam! :grin2: :crackup:

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
TorchMan said:
Ah, yes, the U2. An ad on a site for it ultimately led me here.

To paraphrase a certain green puppet/CG character from the same movie series as the villian I quoted: "Once you start down the path of The Light Side, forever will it dominate your destiny".

Seriously, keep studying, tell yourself that studying will equal better paying job, which will equal more flashlights!

I do understand though, I read here until blurry eyed, and it all blurs in my head. I have flashlight dreams some nights...

will do buddy. but i want a new flashlight so bad....i think if i did well on one of my test last week i'll treat myself to a new light!

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
TorchMan said:
lightlust,

How dare you desecrate such a sacred piece of art! I beg of you to come to your senses at once, and replace that common flashlight with the original that was in the painting, a Night-Ops Gladius in OD shining a divine white beam! :grin2: :crackup:

Torchman -

I laughed so hard and so long from your post it was worth the image edit. :laughing:

Uncompressed verison which clearly shows the "original" linked here.

However, in precisely the spirit of this thread ("...toooo much money") I must now loudly lament that depicting a Gladius requires that I buy one. I'm on their web site now. Sigh.

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
NikolaTesla, what is that top light. It looks like a Klingon phaser or something? ;)

And to the OP, are you familiar with the term, Turbohead? ;)

TorchMan

Enlightened
Lightlust,

That is awesome, beyond words. I really loved your first one too, I edited out the part about me laughing with soda water in my mouth, and how I'd forgotten that it hurts when it comes out of your nose! Hadn't done that since I was a kid!

I didn't know if you were offended, I was going to send you an IM trying to explain that I was only joking!

Killer idea about using that art work!

If you do buy a Gladius, I hope you love it as I love mine.

Thanks a million for the new, OD Gladius pic!

johndl1

Newly Enlightened
My wife thinks i'm going nuts Wife: How many flashlights do yoy need?
Me:Just a few more.
Wife: Your obsessed.
:awman: