Need to find leather holder for Brinkmann Maxfire LX

Raygun8189

Newly Enlightened
I need to find a leather holder for the Brinkman Maxfire LX to put on my duty belt. It has to accomodate a belt 2 1/4 inches wide. Also the main body of the Brinkmann is a little thicker than a Strion or a Surefire. Not sure if I have many options open to me. Thanks for any help.

kwando

Newly Enlightened
i use a Uncle Mike's Cordura Compact Light Holder - 6P / Strion / Scorpion.

I have seen the aker mag and flashlight paddle holster being used for the maxfire. I have one for my OC and mag and i can remove the paddle for the slip throught belt option.

I will post pics later

EDIT:

here are pics of the aker mad and flashlight hoslter. pics linked from another owner on glocktalk.com.

Aker1.jpg

Aker2.jpg

Here are pics of my uncle mikes holster.

PA220010.JPG

PA220011.JPG

PA220012.JPG

Last edited:

Raygun8189

Newly Enlightened
I need the holder to be on a police duty belt 2 1/4 inches wide. I can not use a paddle. Maybe if I get one for the Poly Stinger and have it cut.

Raygun8189

Newly Enlightened
What about Rip-Off holders? I was looking at their website. It looks like the model CO-153 would fit the brinkmann. The only thing is if the metal clip will fit over the 2 1/4 ich belt.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raygun8189 said:
What about Rip-Off holders? I was looking at their website. It looks like the model CO-153 would fit the brinkmann. The only thing is if the metal clip will fit over the 2 1/4 ich belt.

The Ripoffs CO-153 fits the Maxfire LX just fine. Fits even slicker with a simple mod. The rubber piece just below the bezel comes off easily. Its function seems to be cosmetic, and I think the light even looks better with it off. This takes away both diameter and a friction point in the holster.

I have a bunch of Ripoffs holsters and their metal clip is among the best. It will fit over a 2 1/4" belt just barely. The only issue will be the thickness. I use mine on a nylon web belt or civilian leather belt. Probably worth a try.

I did not recommend this holster because the are not leather as you had originally requested.

Mark