**UPDATE** PentagonLight changes specs on us!!!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inside was the black X2 head I orderd and (drum roll please) a L2 head on an X3 body - all HAIII! I would post a pic here but apparently I'm not allowed. I threw a G2 in there for size comparison. Just click the linky:
http://img486.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plight38ot.jpg
Heres' a bezel shot:
http://img485.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plight21cx.jpg
I guess I should expect about 2hrs of regulated runtime from this sucker! Nice. The tailcap is a little different but no biggie. Beam is nice and white. Not quite as long as the X3, and the head isn't as big, so its a little more pocketable.
They even threw in a bumper sticker! lol! All I need now is the recessed clickie and I'll be all set! WooHoo!

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mystery package from PentagonLight arrives! Yeah, baby!

Dang it! Don't know why I'm getting that bad referrer message, hold on I'm working on it!

Kiessling

Flashaholic

KDOG3 ... you can post pics here if you can host them on your own server. Just read the FAQ to learn how to do it. Judging from the error message you are getting the problem is on your end though. There is no reason you'd not be allowed to post pics, quite the contrary, pics are what makes this place alive.
bernie

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

You can view the pics if you copy/paste to remove the referral. Anywho, nics pics and what a deal! That's customer service for ya.

- Chris

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

There we go, sorry about the size.... I just posted links to it, easier!

I swapped the tailcaps out so I could use the lanyard hook to attatch it to my Maxpedition Keyper.
Well, its dark outside, so I guess I better go walk the dog!

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

KDOG3 ... you'll absolutley need to resize that huge pic to max 640 pxels width ... or post a link to it. Liekthis it causes horizontal scrolling which isn't acceptable.
bernie

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dang, I thought everybody would be all over this thread....

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

The high res images are probably making peoples eyes bleed. :D

- Chris

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Those lights are beauties! What's that smudge on the head of the largest one from?

vic303

Enlightened

Sweet! That's nice customer service!
Wish somebody'd give ME free expensive flashlights!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

"What's that smudge on the head of the largest one from?"

I don't know, probably from my fingers or something.

I'm probably going to get a 2-cell body just so I can switch them back and forth if I want, but I'm stoked to get that free light, its awesome!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess what? New Pentagolight L2 head died on me! WTF?

I don't know maybe LEDs' just don't like me or something.

After only about 45mins of use, the new L2 head (on the 3-cell body they sent me) flickered for a second then went to about half power, then flickered some more and went completely out. I'm stunned. What in the world is going on? I wrote them a polite (really!) email explaining the situation, but of course I'll have to wait till Monday for a response. And just in case you're wondering, I didn't do anything to this light except turn it on and off! Still have the original batteries in it! The only thing I did do - after it died - is take the head off the 3cell body and put it on the 2 cell body to check it. Still no dice. I really think the head is fine on the 2-cell body but not the 3 cell. Care to comment?

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast

KDOG3,

I am really confused, you said the L2 head on the X3 body were type 3 anodized but Pentagon Light still lists all black parts and flashlights as type 2.
Are they changing the coating of the Black lights and parts?
Was yours a special one of a kind prototype?
Am I missing something obvious?
Any information you could give here would be much appreciated.

Over all I like the Pentagon lights, although to me they sort of look like a beginning woodturner's training stick. (Lots of detail for the sake of detail, without necessarliy always thinking about how the detail fits into the design as a whole.)
That is just my opinion. I do like seeing detail that is common in woodturning on a flashlight. It is unique and I may end up getting one because of it.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Guess what? New Pentagolight L2 head died on me! WTF?

Its sounds like dead driver circuit. I'd expect just that if I put 2 R123's in a SureFire. 8 volts is bad on a 6 volt driver. You put 9 volts on it. After your first problem I figured I'd never try that.:awman: That sucks.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, I posted a new thread about the continuing saga concerning this... you may want to check it out.... :(

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't put 9 volts on it - they sent it to me like that. L2-3W head on the 3-cell body. I guess they were trying to convince me that that head works on the 3 cell body, but I guess it doesn't it! I guess only the 5W head works on it.

Let me put this question out there, has anyone had a problem with the regular L2-3W setup? (3W head on 2-cell body)

Mark2

Enlightened

No problem with the L2 after almost 3 sets of batteries. My L3 (5W, 3 cells) is on the second set, and it's working flawlessly, too. I guess the 3W head should not be used on 3-cell bodies, but I know that the PentagonLight website says it's okay. Strange. Please let us know what they have to say about this when you receive the answer.

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

So ... PL sent this package to you ... this head on thi 3x123 body with those batteries in it (3x123 and not 2x123 and a spacer for example) and the web-site says it is ok in this set-up ... yet you report the second death?
:thinking:
You didn't change a thing in the set-up they sent you?

bernie

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nope. Thats how it came. HAIII L2-3W head on the HAIII 3-cell body. Didn't do ANYTHING to the light until AFTER it died, when I tried it on the 2-cell body. I wonder what they are going to say!

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast

I saw your original thread, you just mentioned recieving HA 3 items, but not whether Pentagon light is making all of them like that now, or if Black HA 3 is an option, etc.. I am curious how do you know the products you received are HA 3. Did Pentagon light give some documentation on this?
I will contact Pentagon Light.
I am not trying to be contrary, I am just trying to figure out the difference between what you received and what their web site says. Or for that matter I will look at their web site again and see if I missed something the other times.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave: