Is There Any Hope?

philiphb

Newly Enlightened
First it was the Brinkmann Legend LX, then the Surefire E2E-HA, had to get a spare bulb and a dozen 123"s. The 9P on e-bay was too good to resist, free shipping! Now that it is on its way just HAD to order the P91 lamp. Been thinking, since I am a pilot how about the A-2? and there is that Z2 with and extra lamp and red filter on e-bay. You know an LED head, KL-5 that puts out 65 or so lumens just seems to be right. Is there any hope for me?:thanks:

philiphb

Newly Enlightened
Ahggg. Been thinking, I have the E2E, I could get an E2C adapter and start to switch legos around. Also. too many MagLights around here, bet I could drop a better bulb, or better yet mod them with LED's. Again, is there hope?

kukula

Enlightened
I feel for you:laughing: First it was lots of SFs for me, then the Gladius, now i am getting an Orb Raw, and thinking about the KIT. When doees it end? :sweat:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Yes, there is hope for you. The outlook is "bright" that you will amass a collection of fine lights!

Your wallet may scream though! :grin2:

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
For nearly a year I was perfectly content with my QIII. It was a great EDC and I took delight in showing it off to all my non-flashaholic friends (most of whom were "just amazed" that so much light could come out of such a small flashlight).

Then about a month ago something happened...I visited here for the first time in months and I came across a couple of mentions about combining a KL1 with a FB1. Sounded really cool. So I purchased the combo from Lighthound. It arrived...and I loved it.

But then I read something about putting a KL4 on the FB1, so I rushed over to the local dealer and bought an L4 (The head is a whopping $125 bucks but I managed to score the entire light, new for only $140).

One thing led to another and here I am just a short 4 weeks later...with a Fenix, a F2 light loaded with a P91, for the moment the L4 body has a F2 head with a P90, my new McLux III-PD arrived last weekend just in time for my B'Day, I just received my Surefire "Halloween Special" in the form of a GunMetal E1, and as of Thursday night I have an Orb Raw on the way....
And heaven help me, I've now decided to take the Aleph plunge, which I hear can really be a bottomless pit (albeit, a well lit one). ;)

It's a shame that my "day job" has to get in the way of my hobbies...But then I need to be able to feed the addictions...especially this latest, rapidly growing, compulsion. Resistance.....is.....futile. :D

Oh yeah...I almost forgot to mention something really important to this equation....Fortunately for me I have a very understanding wife!

Last edited:

nc987

Enlightened
yeah this really screws with your wallet doesnt it?

Im a poor college student so I started with the simple Surefire 6P this last June (2005). Then I found the e1e and e2e winelights and bought them. Got a good deal on a M3T-CB, couldnt say no. U2 ultra was next. Last week got a great deal on a KL6 head for my M3T and a L5 Lumamax. Yesterday I got a 2.5 inch blue filter for my M3T and right now im eyeing a 500+ flashlight I want really bad and trying to come up with ways to afford it.

So in short 4 months, 6 surefires......who knows what ill do next.

Good Luck!

CLHC

Flashaholic
Vee3 said:
Nope. . .you're already too far gone.

Like Kamen Rider Vee3 said, "you're already too far gone." You simply can't stop now. . .

Oh that little bitty teeny weeny thing they call the glowbug
Nobody's ever seen it, but it's got the whole world lit up
It all started with a little bitty flash. . .(Italics mine)

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
be happy you can sitll get by with incans and leds... just wait hids come into the picture... that hundred dollar light becomes more like a thousand ouch!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its too late. Pretty soon you'll be ordering lights and trying to hide them from the wife.

"Really dear, I've had that light..."

philiphb

Newly Enlightened
Its too late. Pretty soon you'll be ordering lights and trying to hide them from the wife.

"Really dear, I've had that light..."

Been there, "It's been in my jump kit for years".:devil:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sniper is is on the $$ short and simple NO. only hope you find a light that "delays" some suction of the wallet. The HDS B-60 has done that for me for a 7-8 mths or so, but I am still wanting:

KL-4 head
fenix LP 2.5
EDC B-85
aleph II head
several small AAA's

etc.

It's a photon needle in the arm, let's just hope someone comes up with a FL 12 step program :ironic: VDG

philiphb

Newly Enlightened
With my luck, I'll come back as a moth caught between the screen door and the light.:awman:

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
Nice collection Vee3. I agree, much cheaper than the "other " collection. I went with handguns. I just appreciated the craftsmanship that went into the making of a S&W or a colt. I purged that collection, giving it all away. Now I see the same precision craftsmanship here. I specifically like the modded lights. They are made by craftsmen on a custom note. Before I would have paid thosands for a custom handgun. Now, I'll pay for a custom flashlight and be able to use it whenever it gets dark.