NiteIze LED kit for mini mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlikeLEDs

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if any 1 has used/has an opinion on the led conversion kit that NiteIze has put out. It looks alot like the opleac kit to me? I've converted one of my mini mags with the opleac and also connected a kroll tail swith. The niteize kits also come with tail cap switches but they look alot better than the kroll ones. They look like they might have light lock out capabilities too. So just wondering if people have used them and what they think of em? Do you get more throw than the opleac kits? Thanks guys.

Cheers

Stormdrane

Enlightened
I bought the NiteIze kit a couple of weeks ago and installed it. For the money, it's definately worth it. I like the led's but I didn't like the tailcap switch, it just felt kinda cheap to me so I put the maglite tailcap back on. The brightness is fine for the average user around the house, garage, or glove compartment. I haven't tested the runtime on the led's yet, but expect it should be at least double or triple of the original bulb. I'd upgraded another light with the Terrlux luxeon which is much brighter, but 3 times the cost of the Nite Ize. For less than $10 it's worth it.

Mr Spliff

Newly Enlightened
I got one on tuesday and i love it, it doesn't put out a whole lot of light but for closeup work it's perfect. I actually like the tailcap, that way i have one hand free to use. I'm a machinist and this is my new worklight.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I bought the LED mod itself (without the switch) for $5 somewhere (Walmart I think?). I like the Opalec for sure, but for the price -this is certainly worthy.

Old info...put some satin finish Scotch tape or WriteRight (PDA screen protector film) on your MiniMag lens and it will certainly "clean up the beam"...

This has certainly been discussed in a few threads around these halls. Here's one, if you "Search" using "NiteIze" you'll probably find more. I believe there's been some reviews written as well.

I'll lock this one down and we'll try to contain the info in the older thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.