I am blind???

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I receive a new flashlight the last friday, so, this have supposedly a 3 Watts Luxeon, a got too a T2 and a Costco 1 Watt, i dont see any diference, so, i take a couples beam shoot to make a comparison but i dont see any...

What you think???

Left to right, Inova T2, Costco 1 Watt and Mini 3 Watts

IMG_3536s.jpg

Inova T2

IMG_3537s.jpg
Costco 1 Watt

IMG_3538s.jpg

Mini 3 Watts

IMG_3539s.jpg

So, let me know your opinion...

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 3 watt looks to have a tighter hotspot and and more flood. a good combo to me..

is it a Q3? looks like it... but thats hotspot look too tight for a stock Q3 reflector...

if it a Q3 run it DD off a RCR132 with a IMS 20... like mine! ;)

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Changchung,

I believe the 3 watt and 1 watt LED's are the same. What has changed is the specifications and tint binning.

With the 1 watt there ended up being a wide variety of beam tint colors within the same batch. You never know just what you were getting. They were specified to run in the 200-300 mA range (around 1 watt).

When the 3 watt LED's were introduced, we noticed that it was very hard to get an off color tint and they were specified to run in the 700 mA range (around 3 watts).

If you over drive a 1 watt (or under drive a 3 watt), you can end up with the same light output.

Tom

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
SilverFox said:
Hello Changchung,

I believe the 3 watt and 1 watt LED's are the same. What has changed is the specifications and tint binning.

With the 1 watt there ended up being a wide variety of beam tint colors within the same batch. You never know just what you were getting. They were specified to run in the 200-300 mA range (around 1 watt).

When the 3 watt LED's were introduced, we noticed that it was very hard to get an off color tint and they were specified to run in the 700 mA range (around 3 watts).

If you over drive a 1 watt (or under drive a 3 watt), you can end up with the same light output.

Tom

It was thinking that same one, the 3 watts is reflected in the temperature or energy that this emanates and not them lumen, this I say so that the one of 3 watts is warmed up and the flashlight with a 1 watt Luxeon dont, maybe the diference in brightness is very small...

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
nemul said:
the 3 watt looks to have a tighter hotspot and and more flood. a good combo to me..

is it a Q3? looks like it... but thats hotspot look too tight for a stock Q3 reflector...

if it a Q3 run it DD off a RCR132 with a IMS 20... like mine! ;)

This is the flashlight with a 3 watts Luxeon, i buy in ebay... For me is OK...

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrmm... that might be a decent light, but I don't think it's cream of the Lux III crop... I think comparable quality lights should be compared, not a very decent 1W and a bargain basement 3W.

I mean, look at the Heliotek light and the LEDXtreme Predator lights... they are 1W that handily embarass many 3W lights... but they ain't cheap!