Surefire L6 driven at stock?

jeffroalpha700

Newly Enlightened
Do you mean what the maximum light output is?

If so, I believe the maximum rated lumens is 120 (according to http://www.lumileds.com/products/family.cfm?familyId=9).

I can tell you this. I have that conversion head on my M3. I used to keep the MN11 assembly in the light while on duty, but I have since installed the L6 conversion head. I LOVE IT!!! I personally find it to be brighter than the Inova T4. The center of both beams is about the same, but the Surefire has a much more tactically oriented beam that provides much better peripheral view.

Hope this helps. If not, please clarify your question.

NextLight

Enlightened
I have not been inside the head to look at the LED current directly, but my L6 head consumes about 540mA at 9V (on a power supply) and 710mA on two freshly charged AW 17500Ps. It acts like it has a constant power regulator. The LED output is constant and the current continues to rise as the voltage falls, until about 7V, when the light starts to dim rapidly. With the exception of the 710 mA number, these values were taken quickly with an analog meter, so they are approximate.

The head outputs 65 lumens per Surefire:
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/1169/sesent/00

The pattern is very even with lots of spill and only a moderate hot spot. You need to see the light outdoors to appreciate it.

XenonM3

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys, I was looking for current draw, and now know it is being driven at around 700Ma.

I already have two L6's and really like them, they are one my favorites because of the deep reflector and super smooth beam.

The 1st L6 I bought from Botach, I got lucky I guess because that one came with a Super white and bright, probably bordering on X bin Brightness and the tint is white as my UWOK LuxIII LED's.

The second one I got from OpticsHQ and it came with a really green LuxV so I decided to mod it.

That's the reason why I asked what current the L6 was driven at, because I swapped out the Lux V and put in a UWOK Lux III and was worried about overdriving it.

jtice

Flashaholic
The LuxIII is going to handle it just fine.

I know that SF isnt over driving the 5Wer, so you looking at about 750mA max.
The LuxIII can handle that just fine, we are pushing them to more than an amp :devil:

now, where are your beamshots, comparing the stock L6 to the modded LuxIII L6 ????

~John