YESSS! *UPDATE* Pentagonlight sending me a new LED head...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit they've gone above the norm for service. First they send me that whole HAIII light with the L2-3W head on it. When I informed them about that head went kaput they decided to send me a new head! Not just any head either - the L3 Head! Can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it! Woot!

BTW, They are aware of these forums so if they pop in, lets give them a nice warm welcome!

TorchMan

Enlightened
Quite outstanding of them, customer service wise!

What did they say about possible cause?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't really get a reason why the other head had failed, maybe it was just a bad head, who knows. One of these days, I'm gonna open it up and see if its possible to repair it. But I'm still stunned they are sending me another head. Thats just plain cool!

Now I'm wondering if the L3 head would work on a 2-cell body... but THIS time I'm not going to try it until I ask them first!
*UPDATE* The L3 *ONLY* works on the 3-cell 9V body. So I will *NOT* be trying it on the 2-cell body....

Last edited:

taiji

Enlightened
That's cool KDOG3. I'd say that Pentagonlights customer satisfaction index is the tops. I am looking at the new X4 that they will be coming out with.

Irongen

Newly Enlightened
Just curious, why not send the blown heads back to PL so they can examine them? If there is a problem on their end, I'm sure they'd love to get a look at those so that they can correct whatever it is they may be doing, and spare other folks the same problem in the future.