Best clip for the Fenix?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want the strongest clip that can mount the Fenix L1P to my hat. I saw them listed in a post once but I can't find it anymore.

TIA,
Jeff

Krit

Enlightened
I think LP1 weight is rather heavy for hold on with the wing's hat. I found some led with AAA battery can make a good light clip on the wing's hat.

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
Currently I am using the poscket clip for the 2AA M!n!MAG... seems to be holding up well for regular use, have not tried it on a thick hat brim though...

Cagmag

Newly Enlightened
If I remember correctly the River Rock 2AAA clip is supposed to fit the Fenix pretty good. I can't confirm this yet, b/c my L1P should be shipping today or tomorrow.

Grubbster

Enlightened
I just put a clip from a Gerber Infinity on my Fenix. I cut the "ears" off and it is a nice tight fit. I have mine installed for bezel down carry, but it could be done the other way to use on a cap bill.
PA290016(Small).JPG

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried the clip from a River Rock/Nuwai 2xAAA light as it is kind of a weak clip anyway.

I used one off of a CMG Infinity and it is nice and tight. Used the opposite of grubbsters, it allows for mounting on a hat and the clip is plenty strong to keep it in place. When mounted like grubbsters (for bezel down carry) you need to be careful when changing the battery or else you'll get a mark in the light from spinning it around (in the 1911 world, we call this the idiot mark).

And someone, I think in the 4sevens thread, said he just gently tapped the lanyard holes and screwed a clip in place... that might allow it to still be carried in the very nice included sheath.

I carry the Fenix in my pocked and mostly wanted the clip so it would stay put and not roll off the table.

pizzaman

Enlightened
I took Grubbsters advice and pulled the clip off my Gerber Ininity Ultra. Nice snug fit on the Fenix. I wanted bezel down carry with the end of the flashlight even with the opening of my pocket.

Again I copied Grubbster and removed the "ears" from the clip. I can now slide the clip closer to the end, and the flashlight just dissapears in my pocket. I've had it clipped to my pocket all day and it is comfortable and secure. The Fenix L1P is now my official EDC flashlight!

Cheers, TR

7k7k99

Newly Enlightened
how much of the infinity clip do you cut off and what tool did you use to do it? I just got my Fenix today

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I'd really like to see is a clip similar to the one on the Surefire U2 fit to the Fenix via drilling and tapping the tailcap for bezel-down carry.

pizzaman

Enlightened
"how much of the infinity clip do you cut off and what tool did you use to do it? I just got my Fenix today".

You don't have to cut anything off the clip if you like it as-is. I wanted to get the clip closer to the end of the flashlight, so I cut off the "ears". (That is Grubbster's term, and it works). Just look at the clip and see the two pieces of metal that extend above the rest. Harder to explain than to see. Cut off all, some or none, to get the clip in the proper position for your use.

I used a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel. I put a piece of masking tape along the cutoff line as a reference. I changed to a dremel sanding drum to pretty things up after the cut was finished. This leaves some shiny silver metal on the edge where the cut is made. I used "oxpho-blue", a cold bluing solution, on a q-tip to touch up the cut and make it black again. Oxpho-blue (available at Brownell's) is arguably the most durable cold blue, but you can get a basic blue touch up pen at any decent sporting goods store that sells firearms. The standard cold blue solutions don't hold up all that well, but the location of the touch up shouldn't get much wear anyway.

Hope that helps, TR

kennyj

Enlightened
Heh. Of course, that clip costs half as much as the light itself...

it's McGizmo's Universal Titanium Clip from the Sandwich Shoppe. And it's an awesome clip.

EVOeight

Newly Enlightened
I used the clip off of my QIII and it fit great. The QIII had the clip on upside down anyway. I just tapped the lanyard holes on the Fenix to install it, and bent the end of the QIII clip to a slight curve. It fits great and is a very strong clip...

kendallAA

Newly Enlightened
Christoph,
Would you mind posting some pictures of the switch end of your L1P with the unversal clip and tell alittle about how you attached it to the light. Did you tap the lanyard holes or what? BTW Very nice looking light it's like a AA PD. Now thats a cool idea!!