Do you have a ORB ?

M.TEX

Enlightened
Hello Guys...

Well , I've been looking the treads for " Orb" , and I think I will get one.
But I would like to know what is the best one. ( I like the little one. )
I wrote a Email to the ORB Co. and I still don't know the COST for this
Flashlight. The info. is not to clear and I would like someone here tell
me what do I need ( as far parts ) and the most important how much
cost to get here in US.
I've asked but they didn't told me ....
Please break down the info for me. Thank you,
M.TEX :candle:

wmpwi

Enlightened
I bought the Raw w/ 1 cr2, nano charger, and one blue tritium vial for a total of £47.00 GBP which = $85.82 USD shipped to Michigan (a few months ago). Had I to do over again, I would have added the two stage switch.

Qty / Item Options / Price

1 Purchase: Raw 3 Watt, Charger & 1 RC2 £35.00 GBP

1 Purchase: Tritium Locator (Please state Green or Blue) £6.00 GBP

1 Purchase: Shipping International (Outside UK) £6.00 GBP
Amount £47.00 GBP

Last edited:

HighLight

Enlightened
By "little orb" you mean the Orb RAW well its clear on the website that its 35 pounds or 62.50 US. You will also need (highly recommended) the two way switch which is another 5 pounds. All told the price would be 71.38US plus shipping. I use this web site for currency conversions: http://www.xe.com/ucc/I can verify that the little Orb Raw is a helluva bright little light and when you include the two way switch and the keychain attachment from flashlightlens.com you will have the brightest keychain light on the planet.

M.TEX

Enlightened
Hi guys...

Thanks for the replay ! YES the info was great !
I just have another question:
what that switch does ? why is important ?
Thanks again ,
M.TEX:candle:

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
M.TEX said:
Hi guys...

Thanks for the replay ! YES the info was great !
I just have another question:
what that switch does ? why is important ?
Thanks again ,
M.TEX
au.gif

M.TEX,

The 2 stage switch allows the user to have 2 levels of light, low and high. On low you can get more life out of the battery and some people use their light for things that don't require a blinding bright light. Hope this helps.

Lisa

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Joe Talmadge said:
Does the 3W Raw require an RCR2, or can it take a plain old CR2? I'm interested in the Raw, unless it's rechargeable only.

Joe

I have only used rechargables in my solid silver RAW, bright little sucker too.

-PSM

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an Orb(3w, 2x123), I use to have a Orb Raw, but I sold it. :( I have been impressed with both of them, Orb makes some very nice items. I wish they made a single 123 light, but other then that I have been happy with mine.

Blades

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe Talmadge said:
Does the 3W Raw require an RCR2, or can it take a plain old CR2? I'm interested in the Raw, unless it's rechargeable only.

Joe

It can take CR2's it just won't be as bright. Orb does have a 1watt Raw for sale now, that takes regular CR2's.

Blades

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks blades. Can you or anyone who has one give a quick eyeball estimate on the reduction to expect from RCR2 to CR2? I'm trying to decide between grabbing one of these, or waiting for the other CR2 light being cooked up in the mod forum.

One of the things that leads me to liking the Raw is that it seems to advertise as having a tighter beam, whereas the other little CR2 lights are advertised as floods

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Answering my own question, ORB sent me an email saying they expect that the 3W running on CR2 would be 30% brightness of 3W on RCR2. I"m shocked at how much the difference is! They also said the 1W on CR2 would be 45% brightness of 3W on RCR2. Interesting that running a 1W on CR2 is brighter than running 3W on CR2 ... guess the poor thing just doesn't have enough juice for 3W!

Joe

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe Talmadge said:
One of the things that leads me to liking the Raw is that it seems to advertise as having a tighter beam, whereas the other little CR2 lights are advertised as floods

The Raw will throw. I was impressed with mine, for such a small light it would definitly toss some lumens. Maybe some day I will pick up another one.

Blades

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe Talmadge said:
Answering my own question, ORB sent me an email saying they expect that the 3W running on CR2 would be 30% brightness of 3W on RCR2. I"m shocked at how much the difference is! They also said the 1W on CR2 would be 45% brightness of 3W on RCR2. Interesting that running a 1W on CR2 is brighter than running 3W on CR2 ... guess the poor thing just doesn't have enough juice for 3W!

Joe
Just to clarify, It is the forward voltage Vf of the Led that makes the difference here. H bin 1 watt Vs J bin 3 watt.
Eg: if Your had a TWAH bin 3 watt it would be brighter & more efficient than the RWAH bin 1 watt.
However the main point to doing the Raw 1 watt RWAH is to reduce the cost.
& for those who prefer not to use Rechargeable Li-ions.

M.TEX

Enlightened
Hi
I just wrote another email to the Orb Guys and I asked for Pic's and prices..
I'm confused with the info on the site. I would like to see the pics and prices
side by side. will be much more easy to know what you get.
sorry but I'm new to the LED world and I don't know mutch ( yet ).
M.Tex ( I just know I want one ORB and one HDS ) :naughty:

Latest posts