M2 mod

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Hello all,
I have a SF M2, but i am fed up with the runtime, output and yellowish beam. I put a lux v, unknown bin, DD in a m@g 2D with 3 123a batteries which totally blew me away, its so bright!!! I want to do something similar with the M2, but am a bit new to the converter side of things. Can anybody suggest the easiest way to get the brightest lux v light out of this please?
Thanks a lot,
Marc

cy

Flashaholic
may not be the brightest 5watt, but you can purchase a 5watt drop-in for all surefire that will accept a P60.

there's a recent thread about them.

to get brightest 5watt, you'd need an Xbin. kinda of hard to find. closest is Wbin that's been popin up lately.

ArcMania recently made an Xbin module that fits a turbohead. then bore your M2 body to accept 18650.

do both and you'll have highest performing M2/L5 combo available.

x4t 667.JPG

Last edited:

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice,
I was thinking of sticking with the standard head, its going to be a glove compartment light so the turbo head might be a bit big. I will have a look for that b o g 5w module.
Cy,
i see you have an M6, is it as good as it sounds? I am really trying to justify getting one soon.

cy

Flashaholic
M6 with M6R pack by JS is better than everyone is raving about :D

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Cy,
That 5w drop in you mention, do you have one? I was wondering what converter is in it.