im in love

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
The OLED display, just sort of imbedded in the shell with no distinct screen area is probably the coolest feature of the whole thing. Sony has smaller RAM MP3 players with the imbedded OLED look like this at Target already. Unfortunately, being a Sony, it'll command a premium beyond it's specs, just because it's Sony.

Otherwise, I don't see much that's different from other players. We will be seeing more cool industrial design though as more and more consumer electronics try to "out-iPod" the iPod for "slickness" and gee-whiz factors.

Of course, what a 32 year-old fuddy-duddy like me wants besides Mp3 is a good digitally tuned AM radio feature so I can listen to political talk shows at my desk while at work, and have it act like one of those Satellite radios that records shows onto the hard drive so I can "Tivo" the radio.

I've been looking and have seen plenty of MP3 players with an FM tuner, but none with AM. I guess they figure that no one hip enough to have an MP3 player listens to AM. I have a nice little Radio Shack "Optimus" AM/FM radio about the size of a Zippo lighter that runs for weeks from a single AAA battery, but it gets lots of interference when you carry it, changing orientations. And it picks up lots more interference from my work PC, 60hz AC lines, flourescent lights etc.

drizzle

Enlightened
Very nice looking!

I'd like to try it out and see how it works. If it's as simple to use as they say I might pay the premium. The one I have now is not easy to use at all and I hardly ever use it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
o i love the battery life on this unit and its looks .and ive always liked sony products.they soud amazeing

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
AJ, I agree, I'd love to see one with a AM tuner. I love to take walks and listen to talk radio or ball games on AM and more often then not my little FM/AM walkman goes with me instead of my mp3 player because of that very fact.

Raggie, from what I read and sorta based on my mp3 player, sometimes long battery life comes at the expense of audio volume. I am not talking ear drum shattering volume but I usually have to crank my mp3 player up to the max just to approach enjoyable volume for rock music. I have an older cassette based walkman that blows my mp3 player (Rio Carbon) away.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
nah geep somehow sony does it both like i said last week sony has a atrac/cd/mp3 players that gets 40 hours a battery life and will blast ya ears and not only it gets good abttery life thats on one aaa battery