UK reflector alert

brightnorm

Flashaholic
The bezels and reflector/lamps for the UK 4AA and 2L have long been identical, affording true interchangabilty. Unfortunately that is apparently no longer true. I own two 4AA's and three 2L's, and recently bought extra lamp assemblies for them. All of them worked in the 4AA's but NONE of them worked in the 2L's. The offending lamps are black with a brass-like strip around the middle of the assembly and "Made in Mexico" stamped in red letters on the black part. If anybody knows how to remedy this, please post.

Brightnorm

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, seeing the topic heading, I immediately zoomed in on this, to see what disaster us UK members should be aware of ......

Brightnorm, sorry to hear of your problem, but I'm glad that it wasn't something like:

"Her Majesty's Government has decreed that all reflectors over 3.25" diameter are henceforth banned."

British lightlover
blush.gif
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I immediately unwrapped my spares which fits your description (black plastic base with brass in the middle) except no marking of "Made in Mexico" to see if it has problem. It fits well in my 2L.

I think you better mail UK and asks for remedy.

Alan