****AUG 12th 2006 HUMUNGOUS UPDATE**** Single Cell Shootout Beamshot Party!!!!!

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just messin' around with the new camera again and wanted to post some close up beam shots. I need to drop down a few f-stops next time to show even more difference in the comparisons. Anyway, here they come!

Enjoy :)

Q3, Alpeh2 NG1000, Groovy! POP2G TYAH LDF, NEOCA Tbin 500mA, Jil rev DD, Orb RAW Ubin -- ALL USING PRIMARY LITHIUM BATTERIES

Below is the same lineup but using LiON rechargables instead. (stopped down to show differences better)

Below is a lineup, all using primaries except for the Solitaire using LiON that's not fully charged
Stock Q3, Fenix L1P 1W, Jil DD, 3W Solitaire, NEOCA 500

Below using LiONs is the Ghost II, Jil DD, Fenix L1P and 3W Solitaire but the Fenix can't use LiON

Below is the Q3R, Orb RAW Ubin and Aleph2 NG1000 all on LiON

Below is Emilion's (selling) 5mm 35kmd mod, Peak 3led Ncell, RiverRock 5mm flood and the Fenix L1P 1W

Just the three mini's below

Here is a good one. Below is the Ghost primary, Ghost II LiON, Q3 and an incan I got off Emilion

Last edited:

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
Re: Single Cell Shootout Beamshots!!!

:drool: WoW! I'm seeing spots . . . thanks for the great lineup, CromagNet!

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great work... nice shots... pretty nice collection as well.

What kind of cell does that River Rock take? I saw it at Target, but didn't even look at it... looks like I need to pick one up.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice. Thanks!!

Blades

Last edited:

Ledean

Enlightened

Thanks for taking the trouble to post these shots.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stopped in Target to check out that mini-River Rock... It takes 3 or 4 LR44 (I think) cells... NOT a single cell.

You cheater!

Anyway, does that thing really put out a beam comparable to the 3 LED Peak? That's pretty awesome! Looks like it would be almost as bright as my Lux I-modded Arc AAA.

Anyone know of a cheap source or replacement for these LR44 cells?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

cratz2 said:
Stopped in Target to check out that mini-River Rock... It takes 3 or 4 LR44 (I think) cells... NOT a single cell.

You cheater!

Anyway, does that thing really put out a beam comparable to the 3 LED Peak? That's pretty awesome! Looks like it would be almost as bright as my Lux I-modded Arc AAA.

Anyone know of a cheap source or replacement for these LR44 cells?

Hi everyone! Glad you are enjoying the pics. I knew but didn't realize that I was doing a single cell shootout and that the RR was a bunch of button cells, as well as the small optic 35k from Emilion.

That curvey sexy little River Rock light is about $5 at Traget and uses an optic for a wide and very usable flood. Yes I directly compared it to my Arc and it did well. I was very ompressed ny the output. The smaller skinnier RiverRock looks like it would do te same job but it has a very narrow beam and not as sexy :)

I have a bunch more lights I wanted to add to the pictures but I didn't have all my batteries charged up. I'll try to do another session and add more lights like, Old Arc AAA, New Arc AAA, varoius peaks, 20mm MiniMiniMag from LeDean (hope your wife is doing well :) ), MiniMiniMiniMag with a McFlood and my Fave Lambda MiniPro also a very special A-19 5W Aleph plus more :D

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guess I'll have to pick one of those River Rocks up... Looks impressive for $6.

And yeah, the other River Rock keychain light with the spot beam is kinda... worthless. I have what I believe to be the exact same light but with Browning black and gold colors and it's cute... but for a keychain light, a nice flood is almost always going to be more useful.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

cratz2 said:
Guess I'll have to pick one of those River Rocks up... Looks impressive for $6.

And yeah, the other River Rock keychain light with the spot beam is kinda... worthless. I have what I believe to be the exact same light but with Browning black and gold colors and it's cute... but for a keychain light, a nice flood is almost always going to be more useful.

Ya, I was comparing it to my 25k's from Kevin and Photon Freedom and the RR has a bit more output and works really well in a dark room but for the size, I go with the PF or a 36k mod and a Jil DD LiON. :rock:

M.TEX

Enlightened

Hello Cromagnet

I would like to know were can I get the 3 little babes...

Neoca500 Peak 3 LED and the Jil Rev DD ? :naughty:
Please let me know ok
Thank you

M.TEX :candle:

phatalbert

Enlightened

Awesome beamshots! Thanks!

BTW: You drive a porsche!?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

CTT = Cayenne Twin Turbo

M.TEX said:
Hello Cromagnet

I would like to know were can I get the 3 little babes...

Neoca500 Peak 3 LED and the Jil Rev DD ? :naughty:
Please let me know ok
Thank you

M.TEX :candle:

Hi M.TEX! The NEOCA is a light made by PEU and named in honor of his father. Mine is actualy called the NEOCA BL with a NG500 driver. Not many were made. He might have few left for sale or you can post a WTB on the BST and someone may part with theirs. PEU also made a wicked looking set of sleeved CR2 lights that have beautiful rare woods as sleeves. A fantasic design and idea! I haven't picked one up but I'd love to. He even has sleeves made from other materials. Have a look for the links in his signature here
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/89938&highlight=NEOCA

As far as the power behind this light it is a NexGen 500 driver IIRC and you can get these at the 'Sandwich Shop' a CPF supporting dealer. You can then drop one in a cut down minimag mod or other light carcasses :wink:

The PEAK 3-LED's are not made anymore. PEAK was sued for this design BUT the good news is they made a new design and you can buy the N-Cell from a distributor like http://www.pocketlights.com/peak_led_solutions.asp or just google the name. It's called a Shasta.
You might even be able to get the old version if you get lucky. The difference is that the LEDs are dropped down into 3 holes so you get a narrow beam. The new version is not like that so I'm guessing the beam would spread out more. Keep in mind this light in not very bright but it is a nice light. I keep it on my nightstand. The narrow beam wont 'usually' wake up my wife :)

Now as to the Jil... the one I like is the Jil DD rev. which runs in direct drive. It is superior to the Jil 1.3 because it can make a primary lithium CR2 last 20+ but the 1.3 is regulated. but even better, the JiL DD can use LiON batteries so you get a lot of punch for the size. I think you can still get them from Warren (LITEmania) here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/90290&highlight=Jil

phatalbert said:
Awesome beamshots! Thanks!

BTW: You drive a porsche!?
You're welcome, hehehhe. Some of us flashaholics here on CPF have some flashy cars. Andre is just a few towns away and he has a wicked orange Diablo. Since I'm still getting familiar with my camera, I posted a couple o' pics of my little 525hp lowered Turbo Pepper with a new pair of dubs 22" shoes :D

Last edited:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

4497ct1med3hj.jpg
[/URL]

you've got good taste CHROMAGNET. WOW, 525 HP... that beets Dodge Viper, and most Lambos. How much did that run you if you dont mind me asking? When I get the cash, I'll be getting a Dodge Charger SRT-8... heres some pics:

http://www.edmunds.com/media/2005/newyork/06.dodge.charger.srt.8/dodge.charger.srt.8.f34.396.jpg

http://www.d.lycos.de/startseite/auto/newlook/images/large/14342_1112362505408.jpg

boasts 425 hp... pretty nice in my opinion.

-David

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, let's just say that he was going to buy five Honda Civics but got the Cayenne...
nana.gif

Gotta love almost any Porsche but I'm more of an '82 911SC guy myself.

phatalbert

Enlightened

Wow! Beautiful Porsche and nice choice of rims! This is triggering my car enthusiast side again. (I used to own a 300ZX and post on the Z-boards under the same name.)

I love the diversity among flashaholics. Everyone is pretty cookie-cutter on the car forums but not so here.

And while we're on the subject....DIABLO!!!! :wow:

mykall

Enlightened

Can someone fill me in on the 3W Solitaire? This has got to be
custom....right??

Thanks

MB

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

What lights do you keep in the SUV??? It is an SUV right?? Or should i call it a SHAWGUV??? (Straight Haulin *** Women Gettin' Utility Vehicle :naughty: )

-PSM

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

PoliceScannerMan said:
It is an SUV right??

Wrong again. You should see it when it is airborn with the wings extended, or from the surface of the water looking down with the snorkel and periscope up
smoker.gif