Need help modding Inova x1/solder 5mm LEDs (SF)

Inova X1 options:

• Blue is my favorite.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UV is my vavorite.

• Glow mod only.

• Why bother?

• Total voters

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 of these which are opened. I would like to swap the stock LEDs for a green LED I got from KevinL and a red LED (which I don't have yet). I have another which I can open for installing a bright white LED, but I don't know which one to use. If anyone has a suggestion for which LEDs to use, let me know. Of if you want to offer one, that would be appreciated.

I am also interested in a color changing led for an X1. It would need to smoothly cycle very slowly through all colors instead of ramping up and down each color in a cycle. That might take some work.

I already have a lux mod X1 which I made that takes Li AA battery. I don't need another one of those. I'd like to stick with alkaline and 5mm leds for this one.

I will ship the lights and pay for return shipping, or I can deliver them somewhere in San Francisco or north with some beers or other treats. It should be a simple operation, I just don't have any tools or experience. I'd prefer to watch, so if anyone is willing to show me how it's done, that would be great.

Thanks!!

--------------------
E.T.