LEDs that are of the Highest Luminous Intensity in the world?

K-Shell

Newly Enlightened
Now I'm sure this has been asked before but things change every day!!

Which blue or white LEDs (Not flashlights) put out the highest luminous intensity in the world to date?

So far I've got:

Nichia, Jupiter

42.8 lumens, color 465nm w/ phosphor

---

Lumileds, Luxeon Emitter

45 lumens, color 5500 K

---

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Datasheets are usually going to specify absolute lumens - either as a typical value or minimum/maxium values. Lumens per watt is rarely assigned to specific bins but might be a selling point for the entire product line.

*Retired*
kakster said:
For sheer output, i'd say Lamina Ceramics' BL3000 is the current champ. The red part makes 2000+ lumens at just over 10 watts.

http://www.laminaceramics.com/products/bl3000.aspx

Nope, that is 2045 lumens at 104 Watts input.

For white, this one does 400 lumens with only 10W:
400 lumen white 10W LED

CREE already has annouced the independent testing of their 70lm/W white LED, we are just waiting for it to show up on the streets.

Lamina Ceramics has their white, which sucks down a very hungry 26 Watts to produce 567 lumens, if you keep it quite cool, which is very hard at 26 Watts input, and the output rapidly drops if it gets warm. About 20.8 Lumens if you somehow manage to keep it from warming up.

Seoul Semiconductor has some stuff in the works, but we probably won't see the really good stuff until next year.

OSRAM? Well, humm, not much there of note in any category.

Last edited:

glire

Enlightened
So, Cree is about to have the most efficient LED with 70lm/W. But not yet available.
I though most efficients LEDs were some 5mm (nichia?).