How resistant are you to flashlights

Navck

Enlightened
And the people around your area?
As a child, I could stare into the sun.
I can still stare into considerable power flashlights (I can stare into Ministar2s without problems)
Most people in my area usually drop the flashlight when they want to see if its like their ordinary M*g bulb brightness, then go "ARGH BRIGHT"

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
As much as I like the lights, I can't say I'm a fan of getting blinded by them (although I can be guilty of the initial "look in to the beam" of new lights I get).

Some of my friends are a little ridiculous about it though, freaking out if I point a light anywhere near them (I think they just like giving me a hard time about liking lights).

My one friend was born blind in one eye; it's a healthy eye (the pupil will contract if exposed to light) but there is no connection to the optical sensor in his brain. If I shine a light in that eye it's pretty weird to watch the pupil contract, yet he won't squint or turn away or anything since he can't actually see the light.

Navck

Enlightened
Grox said:
Just be a careful because retinal damage is a real possibility with the brighter lights!

Already have bad vision
I have 20/40 in one eye, and 20/50 in another. I wear glasses thicker than most parents. And I'm only 14 heh.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to stare into the sun a lot as a kid, too! I used to keep staring until it would change colors an start looking like a film negative that would rotate and move around.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh well, nothing you can do about it now except be careful. Eyes are like magnifying glasses in a way - they focus light onto a small area. You know how you can burn paper or ants or whatever with a magnifying glass? Same principle except in your eyes - and you can't really get a second pair of eyes.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually like to shine my own lights into other people's faces. I have looked into cheap lights before but I don't think it's good to stare into brighter lights like Luxeon III, Surefires, or HID lights.

I looked into into a SF M3 at an angle like I do with bright lights and even then it was not something to stare at. However, stareing at a Coleman Northstar Propane lantern running at full power for about two hours gave me a headache for the rest of my campout.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm reminded of my friends who used to tease me about wearing earplugs to rock concerts in our teens. These days when I remind them of the teasing they all say... "WHUT?, Whud' he say?" :naughty:

flashlite

Enlightened
Trashman said:
I used to stare into the sun a lot as a kid, too! I used to keep staring until it would change colors an start looking like a film negative that would rotate and move around.

OMG! I forgot about that. Brings back some memories.