• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S McGizmo L1 PR-T 917.. SOLD..

cy

Flashaholic
F/S McGizmo L1 PR-T 917

aka: king of throw, build by Don with hand picked over-performing luxeon. easily bright as most Ubins. Light is in mint condition with very low runtime. two stage switch is butter smooth.

Very few of these were made, simply too expensive to keep on producing. required a new Surefire L1 and custom built PR-T head with DB 917 and hand picked overachieving luxeon.

SOLD....

$325 shipped conus, insurance is extra. I cannot be responsible for loss.

first to post "I'll take it" without change gets it. Please PM for PP info.

L1 917 is pictured with a museum quality Osage gaming dice. set is hand made by an Osage indian out of bone.

l1 917 3.JPG

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S McGizmo L1 PR-T 917

I`ll take it! PM has been sent.

IMHO, this is one of the nicest mods that Don has ever done. Through his magical powers, Don took a 1X123 stock L1 and converted it into a two stage 2X123 body with a perfectly-fitted and extremely nice PR-T.

Unfortunately, it was so labor intensive that Don quickly stopped doing this mod...in an ill-advised effort to try to save his sanity. (Hi Don...and "Thank you!" :wave: )

Again...a truly beautiful McGizmo work of art.

:)

Last edited:

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened

I feel very fortunate, to have been able to buy one of the last L1-PR-T-917's Don made. I have a flip up beam shaper (F24) on mine. Think I read that Don made between 30-35 of these beauties.

oldgrandpajack

cy

Flashaholic

L1- 917 is shipped..

this is one SWEET light!

L1 917's amazing performance is on par with most Ubin lights long before Ubins even existed.

thank YOU!

Raindrop

Enlightened

Carpe Diem said:
Hi Cy...

PP sent. Thanks!

Nice score John! I have three of these little cuties stashed away with one of them built on a Black HA L1 and have to say that even though I have way more lights than I can ever "use" that the L1 PR-T 917 conversion would be one of the last ones to go. Probably something to do with "conspicuous consumption" :D

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

i'd like to see more pics and beamshots of it! :)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Nemul...

I`m not profficient at beam sots or pictures, but maybe some kind CPF`er can help both of us out in that regard. :p

Hi Greg...

You continue to be my hero, with your legendary adage that "If something is worth doing, it`s worth doing to excess!" :) :D I fortunately now have a stable of Don`s L1 PR-T 917`s exactly similar to yours. I also agree that these gems would be one of the last mods to leave my collection. (And besides, they`re really great lights to use for deer hunting.)

Thanks again, Cy, for sending this mod my way.

oldgrandpajack said:
I feel very fortunate, to have been able to buy one of the last L1-PR-T-917's Don made. I have a flip up beam shaper (F24) on mine. Think I read that Don made between 30-35 of these beauties.

oldgrandpajack

Gramps, I thought it was more like ten or twelve. Regardless, it's a great score. I'm surprised CY let it go - it was one of his all-time favorites.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw man ... now you guys have added another must-have to my list.
Bummer, the list is outpacing my funds. Lets see - Gatlight, Indium smart, SPY005, and now I learn about this.
At least I have the only SPY001. I will consider trades for it plus $$$$$$.

oregonshooter

Enlightened
Carpe,

Send it to me and I'll take all the photos you want. One of me and the light at the race track, the woods, the subway,.... :)

Regentag

Banned
Nice light. Great score. What a mod!

I've got one question, though.

How on earth do you shoot a seven with those dice? :naughty: