Power Outage in progress

Saaby

Flashaholic
Not too exciting, power has been out since "6" and it's 7:30. My mom got herself some windup LED lights at Costco so she coped just fine. I was asleep, but she was talking loud on the phone.

The part I am excited about is it's been out for 90 minutes, but my Modem,Router,WiFi access point are running just fine off the UPS still!

Ok, I'm shutting the UPS off, to conserve that energy for later, and going back to bed.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope your UPS is one that will turn it on without the power on... I've got one more expensive one that you can turn back on, but the cheaper ones can't do that for some silly reason. Once you turn them off, even if the battery is still full they wont turn on again till you restore power.

The last long outage we had i had to prime the silly thing by attaching a little inverter to the same battery and basically plugging it into itself :) Then it started up and I disconnected the inverter.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Whew! Made it out alive. Took a tour around town and I think we might have been the last street to get power.

Yeah, would have been more fun in the middle of the night, but I coped anyway.