Pelican M6 2390 3WATT - no lanyard or clip?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It comes with a nifty little holster... tough as nails too. I would'nt mind a lanyard though. I love its output and throw.

-David

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
The 2390 does NOT have a pocket clip or a lanyard. It does not have a hole to attach a traditional lanyard. I second the tough as nails description. I like the holster it comes with. It has a spot for two spare batteries. A great light.

steve_vance

Enlightened
Craig720 said:
Am I wrong, or does the Pelican M6 2390 3WATT not come with either a lanyard ring or pocket clip?

That's simply not very handy.

It (the M6 series) were designed specifically as a "combat lights", targeted at the military and law enforcement markets. Because of that, it is designed to be either carried in duty gear (a holster) or mounted to a firearm. In fact, Pelican has available mounts for H&K, AR-15 and M-16.
With that in mind, a pocket clip would be "in the way". Ditto with a lanyard.
Try the holster, you might like it.

Crow

Newly Enlightened
I gave in and purchased the 2390 today. This seems to be one of just a few threads about this light! Any further encouragement from other owners? I kind of though that the included holster would make up for the (nonexistent) clip.... Just wish it had an AR lens, pyrex perhaps insted of plastic.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Owen said:
I've read that the Surefire A19 extender fits the Pelican, so their tails are the same dimensions. Has anyone tried a SF lanyard like the Z33 on a PM6?
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/103/prrfnbr/250

Hmmm... if that fits ok, I'll have to buy one.

I love the PM6 LED and the PM6 Lux-3, but I wish they came with a removable pocket clip. The holster is nice, especially the old style, but I just prefer pocket clips.

Steve_Vance has a good point. I have a PM6 LED on my Remington 870 - it's great. A pocket clip would get in the way of the mount I use, but I figure a removable clip would be the best of both worlds.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crow... I think you'll like it. Its a great light. And if that lanyard fits, I'll proably buy one.

-David

Crow

Newly Enlightened
If that surefire lanyard kit doesn't fit, one could get some strong, 16g or so steel wire at the local hardware store and bend it into an appropriately sized ring to attach a nylon rope to. I have some such wire and it's strong enough to fit the bill. I think I'll prefer the pouch though.

Well, I lost my T4, or it got stolen... that's my justification for this purchase ;) so I won't have it to compare the 2390 in my review, but i'll compare against my propoly lux and T3.

Darn flashlights ;)

KEW

Newly Enlightened
The SureFire lanyard kit does indeed fit. I have been using one on my Pelican M6 for about a year now. It is a nice option but I don't keep it on all the time.

vtunderground

Enlightened
KEW said:
The SureFire lanyard kit does indeed fit. I have been using one on my Pelican M6 for about a year now. It is a nice option but I don't keep it on all the time.

Cool! I like lanyards because if I need both hands free (setting up camera tripod, climbing something, whatever) I can just let the flashlight dangle from my wrist, I don't have to set it down in the mud or something where it might get lost or damaged.