• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *Traded* Modamag Purple Tri-lux

wallyrulz

Enlightened
I can't believe I am even thinking about selling as this is one of my favorite lights.
mecry.gif

Modamag Cut down 2C Purple Tri-lux (TWOJ) Mag with fatman driver. Runs off two pila 150a's or protected 17500's or 18500's. It has been cut down to 1 1/2 C size.

I get about 50min regulated runtime. It is amazingly bright.

[img=http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/108/modamagtrilux27ka.th.jpg] [img=http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4169/modamagtrilux19hw.th.jpg]

The light has had one full runtime test, and been used maybe 2 hours total. No scratches that I can tell.

I will part for $160 shipped. email me for international.

I will accept Money Order, or non-CC paypal, or cover the fees with CC. paypal addy [email protected]

* I will also trade for a Lioncub in any condition (working that is) any finsih.

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Modamag Purple Tri-lux

PURRTY!!

:bumpit:

I had one just like it and it is Bright!!

:wave:
Good luck on the sale
Benny

wtraymond

Enlightened

Where the HECK do you get a purple C Mag? I've never seen any C Mags in colors other than black except here on CFP.

wallyrulz

Enlightened

Cue: No it is not dimmable, just REELY REELY bright.
biggrin.gif

wtraymond: Purple 2C Mags can be found at Home Depot sometimes along with Pewter. However this particular one is not 2C, it has been cut down about 1 inch. It will hold 2 Pila 150's or 3 123's.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

i could teach somebody how to put in a pretty simple fix to get a 2-stage light out of this, or could make the mod to make it happen..

How on earth do you have low-voltage protection in fatman driver? it's not built in... (wondering if it was related to my posting DIY low-voltage cutout for fatman or something more sophisticated).

in any event.. tri lux is nothing to sneeze at.. awesome little light.

-awr

wallyrulz

Enlightened

You're right Andrew. I checked and I've been using protected cells.:ohgeez: I edited the first post accordingly. Thanks.

Oh, by the way... Price Drop!

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

$160 is just about exactly enough to pay for the parts alone if you wanted to build this light, that's a very good deal.

BTW I buy my purple C mags at home depot.. they are rare to find, but i snap them up when i see them.

-awr

Nasty

Newly Enlightened

I got a Pewter one yesterday at my local Home Depot...had a few Pewter and two Purple out.

I think they were $14.95...put 3x123 and a KPR112 set in the one I got.

Have to learn this hotwire stuff somehow.

wallyrulz

Enlightened

andrewwynn said:
$160 is just about exactly enough to pay for the parts alone if you wanted to build this light, that's a very good deal.

BTW I buy my purple C mags at home depot.. they are rare to find, but i snap them up when i see them.

-awr

Now I am really reluctant to sell. I forgot exactly how much I paid. :hairpull:

Well two more pictures, and if it does not go tonight, that's it.

First, the business end:

Second, against a well known contender in a fully lit room, had to adjust camera just to be able to see the beams...

Did I mention that this thing is INSANELY bright? :huh:

Last call ...

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

i would estimate about 4800-5000 lux and about 225-250 lumen from this light.. it is a very awesome LED light.

-awr