Screenshots

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Dustin!

untitled19ys.jpg

lol

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
you're not very idle are you idleprocess??
haah what are you doing with all that!?!?
the most i have is two bars

idleprocess

Flashaholic
scaredofthedark said:
you're not very idle are you idleprocess??
haah what are you doing with all that!?!?
the most i have is two bars

I'm at work - dealing with 3 provisioning systems, a voice switch query tool, 4 network element management systems, 2 account management tools, a trouble ticketing system, email, corporate IM client, and some reference documents.

I support a new service, so they haven't consolidated applications yet. I'm just thankful I don't have to use the awful mainframe clients.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I'm not sure of the machine specs - I know they're not all that exciting since the machines are over 1 year old. Processor is something like 2.4GHz P4, but the machines do have 1GB of memory. After loading everything, I typically have >400MB of physical memory left. I have no qualms about playing MP3s or opening as many IE windows as I want. I even have a bunch of shortcuts on the desktop that open a new IE process for each provisioning system region, switch query window, etc (nothing like one window crashing and taking out every other IE window).

The applications aren't too bad on CPU or memory - many are web-based and many of the local clients are just IE frontends. The trouble ticket system is the most troublesome - it's a VB.NET application :D

Somehow, I suspect the XP "distribution" I'm running at work isn't quite like you get from a retail installation. It's rock-solid. The only disruptions I experience are when IT decides to do a push at 22:00 and every machine in the building reboots at the same time...

rastaman

Newly Enlightened
this is not the cafe, this is the led forum.

Moderator edit: Just moved it here - thanks for pointing that out rastaman (sometimes while reviewing "all posts" - I even forget where I'm at in these CPF Hallways!).

Last edited by a moderator:

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Laptop.

screenshot.jpg

In case you're wondering, that is the default background for Windows Vista. I like to keep my desktop uncluttered so you only see the programs I use the most.

Last edited:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
desk.jpg

I'm running blackbox on FreeBSD.

Here are a couple aterm windows in my 1st virtual desktop. Representations of all twelve desktops may be seen (with apps running in most) across the bottom. On the right is acidlaunch with wmdrawer open at the bottom of the blackbox slit. That's pretty much what it looks like 24/7.

That's James Knox Polk (my favorite president) in the background.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose I could cull some of those icons off the screen. There are a few that I rarely click on. Still, it is more ordered than it looks.

This is my "everything" computer. (Sony grv550 laptop) My dedicated photo and video editing computer desktop is a lot cleaner, but still more cluttered than a lot of yours.

ss.jpg

The background photo is one of my own... Sunset Arch in Utah (at sunset ;) ).

Last edited:

LukeK

Enlightened
Fluxbox on Gentoo Linux. Click the thumbnail to see the full sized version.