A Guy's "chick show"

Santelmo

Enlightened
Ok. I admit it. I confess. I'm coming out. I don't care what you macho, He-Men types think of me!

Now, I'd like to think I'm secure in my "maleness". I mean I like guns, knives, lights, gear. I've done martial arts most of my life. I travel and try to trek outdoors whenever I get the chance (and the money too). I admire men like Sting, Ernest Hemingway, Einstein and even Mickey Rourke?! Most of all, I'm a great admirer of the slender-formed, raven black-haired, almond-eyed Asian woman (re: Tia Carrere, who's Filipina by descent!)

Among the many US shows that come our way here, there's one that I try not miss if I can help it: GILMORE GIRLS.

There I've said it. At first, Lauren Graham was probably what did it. I mean she's hot, winsome, spunky yet down to earth all at the same time!!! But then the stories and how they were written, the characters' quirks, the mother-daughter relationship, the subtle tensions, etc. got to me.

I could go on and on about it but basically it just feels like an hour of TV well-spent (rather than those kind of shows made up of total strangers forced to live together and outdo each other by back-stabbing, forming "alliances" or taking orders from a so-called "big brother"?! C'mon!).

So 'fess up fellas! What are those "chick shows" you secretly keep from telling your buddies over at a game or a bar for fear of being called "soft"? C'mon, you know you have one!

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
OK, I'm a sucker.
:thinking:
Rosswell... that show messed with my heart...
Gilmore Girls when I get a chance...

drizzle

Enlightened
No TV shows for me but if you open it up to movies there are a few. The one that comes to mind is "While You Were Sleeping". I'm a sucker for Sandra Bullock and this is my favorite of her movies. I also lived in Chicago for 10 years and loved the general atmosphere of the movie.

taiji

Enlightened
'kay Santelmo, just to keep you company....

is 'Smallville" considered a chick show? as I do not have cable and not planning on one- this show is the only one that I make an effort to watch.

*Bryan*

Enlightened
Not sure if it is a guys chick show but I watch or DVR Boston Legal and Grey's anatomy every week.

Denny Crane!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to watch 7th Heaven, and Doc (though that is less a chick show I guess). I've also liked some of the chick flicks I've seen, ok most really.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
OK YOU GUYS GOT ME!!!!!

2staff1.jpg

HUGE FAN, ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT 90210, I'LL TELL YOU

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

-PSM

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ghost whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt.

For a chick move, FoxFire. Some girls are being harrassed and sexually molested by a High School Science teach who is also the coach. I tall dark stranger shows up and inspirers them to not take it and to whip his butt too. Angolina Jolie, "Legs", takes them on a breaking out adventure that includes a little tatoo ritual that was quite alluring.

Last edited:

Santelmo

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
OK YOU GUYS GOT ME!!!!!

2staff1.jpg

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

-PSM

OMG! Uhhhh, man, I admire you bearing your soul like that and all because. . .well, after all. . .that's probably way up there in "chick flick/show" hall of fame?!

Geologist

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
OK YOU GUYS GOT ME!!!!!

2staff1.jpg

-PSM

Oh NO! Please moderators! Delete this thread! ARRRRRRRRRGH!!!

PSM you are "over the top"!

nethiker

Enlightened
Wow, is this the confessional thread...the revelation of the softer side of manly CPFers? What's next? A thread discussing liberal moments of weakness from the conservative right. I love it. It's good to have balance, a little yang to go with the ying so to speak.

I don't watch much T.V. beyond the news, but I did enjoy going to the movies with my wife a while back. She picked a total chick-flick that I thought I would suffer through and was pleasently surprised at how engaged I was. We shared a wonderful movie experice together and I highly recommend seeing Hitch for you guys who want to explore your romantic sides. A great movie to share with your significant other.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't watch much TV other than South Park, but I do like to catch Olivia on LawnOrder SVU.

I guess we can all sing "Kumbaya" now. hehe

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
OK YOU GUYS GOT ME!!!!!

2staff1.jpg

-PSM

I watched that when it first came out, then stopped for a couple years. I started again when I was in the Army because my roomate in the barracks was into it.
I also started watching Rikki Lake, and Montel for the same reason. Rikki and Montel during and after lunch, and 90210 on whatever night it was on.