Happy Halloween!!! :-)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Today is Halloween (October 31 in the US); so I'd like to take a moment out of my day to wish all US CPFers a happy Halloween!!!

Trick or treat
Smell my feet
Give me something
Good to eat!!! ;)

B@rt

Flashaholic
happyeverything3ks.jpg
:nana:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to show off our lights... maybe blast a few kids while we're at it :)

-David

Shade

Newly Enlightened
Weeeee another excuse to break out the flashlights !! Happy Halloween!

Hmmm what to choose what to choose, something egg err water proof and bright..hmm they all are..

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Halloween everyone!!

What type of candy are you giving out?
I'm giving out:
Hershey bars
Snickers bars
Milky Way bars
3 Musketeers bars
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Kit Kat bars
Clark bars

I have them all mixed up in a big bowl.
Any CPF'rs can come over and grab a handfull!!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love halloween because that is the time of year that everyone takes out their flashlights. I saw a mom carrying a led light that looked like a SL 4AA. I am not sure, but it was black and plastic. Its nice to see that people have flashlights other than Mags and plastic Wal-mart lights.

-David

greenLED

Flashaholic
OK, here's a Hallow's Eve story for ya:

greenLED, Mrs. Green, and the two greenBOYZ went trick-or-treating tonight. Big family event! So, we're going across a street and I see Mr. Dude Driving a Large SUV coming at us. He was still about 1/3 of a block from was, but it didn't seem to me like they were going to slow down or stop, so I whipped out my GL3R (Thank You, Jon!!:wave:) and I flashed the light in his general direction twice. Mr. Dude immediately stopped! :eek: Talk about compliance. Thank you Mr. Dude for letting us cross the street safely. (and, NO, my intention was not to "blind him" or anything like that, I just flashed twice in his general direction to reinforce our group's presence.)

After that, the spirit of Hallow's Eve must've possessed greenLED 'cuz he couldn't stop himself from shining his light up trees, down alleyways, taking small detours so that greenDUDES and their friends walked on the darker side of the street and, he must admit, making fun of one of his neighbors who was walking around with a miniMag with almost dead batteries. :green: :laughing:

Oh, yeah, Robocop, if you read this: of all the lights my son could've chosen for Halloween, he carried the light you made for me. :twothumbs Thank you, My Friend, for keeping my son safe, even from a distance. I'm afraid I'm not getting my light back, though. 'zat a good thing?:thinking:

Last edited:

danielo_d

Enlightened
I was out w/the family and friends trick or treating. Wanted to go light, [pun intended].
Only carried 4 small lights.
- RiverRock 2AAA
- 1 AA Dorcy modded with a 1/2 Watt 8mm and Acrylic Hemisphere.
- Dorcy Metal Gear [primary light]
- Dorcy Spyder w/new CR123s [for bright blasts for fun]

Metal Gear did fine lightin up dark sidewalks and porch steps and signaling oncoming cars. A few of the kids wanted to play with my lights so I let them. I told one of the girls [8 yrs old] not to shine in anyone's eyes. She listened for about 5 minutes. Then she blasted her dad in the eyes. [Dorcy 1/2 watt]. He promptly took it away. Gave it to his 1 yr old who was riding on daddy's shoulders. Guess what! In five minutes time, he promptly blasted his dad in the eyes, too. I couldn't help but laugh.
I had a good time. More importantly, the kids had a blast.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Great stories so far!

Halloween in my area was a bust; maybe 8-10 kids total for the evening, even though the weather was perfect. We had a Nite-Ized mini-m*g hanging from the inside of an awning, creating spooky shadows in the immediate area. Low-tech but surprisingly effective.
:huh: