• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Chrome McLux III PD - SOLD

Kai

Newly Enlightened
Light is in mint condition. Lux III TWOJ. First gen clip. Works on CR123a or Lithium rechargeables. SOLD Add $5 for priority insured in US.

site1375.jpg

site1376.jpg

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Chrome McLux III PD

Very nice light :)

Is the Switch broken in yet?

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have read that the switches on the PD has been a bit tight in the beginning.
And that the High mode is a bit hard to get on.

Broken in as in smooth.:naughty:

Benny

Kai

Newly Enlightened

Beamhead said:
My Bad..:( apologies to MorpheusT1 and KAI.
ohgeez.gif

I think I missed something? Don't know what you're apologizing for :huh2:

Switch works fine for me. I was the thumb wrestling champion though :thumbsup:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

:awman: Very nice light!
Does the TWOJ has the focusing issue? :thinking:

Kai

Newly Enlightened

I believe that problem is with the new luxeon III's. This light is perfect. I have another PD with u bin led and I'm keeping that one.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! Nice light! If I didn't have to make a huge payment to 3rd Shift, I'd jump all over that light.

What mAs is the Lux III being driven at? Runtime?

MSax

VWDr

Enlightened

man that is gorgeous.... what kind of cell does this thing take? Yeah...with the Cham coming soon I'm hestitant to jump on this too...oh but I would otherwise. :)

Wow, that's an incredible price for the chromed version! I have two bare AL PD's that are polished almost to that extreme, but not quite as shiny as that one! This is just a superb price. And, it has the Gen 1 clip (my favorite). Should go very fast.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

BUMP
Great light at a fine price. I find it interesting how arewethereyetdad prefers this clip where, I found it to be useless. When I received the "NEW" style clip it was like a whole new world opened up for me because I never use clips. The new version of this clip I do use. It is great that we can, with a simple E-Mail (and $20.00) get the new clip if we want to. I have been carrying my McLuxIII PD (U-Bin)since day one. It is my primary EDC. There is nothing about this flashlight's design which is accidental. Nothing. I have 2 favorite flashlights. One is the VIP the other is the McLux III PD.
If you are on the fence about this light just go to the McGizmo forum and read the FAQ about this light. You will find out all about the driver levels and why they were chosen. The sapphire window. The piston drive switch system. This light is just plain the best tool grade flashlight in the world. Don makes TOOLS. This particular light is a fine example of what the ultimate tool grade flashlight is. IMHO you can count on one hand the number of flashlights made to this high quality standard. Not to mention the fact that Don stands behind the lights he makes. Don't forget Don assembles each one of these lights himself.

If I didn't have 2 of these I would buy this at the drop of a hat. I have to admit that Chrome is not my personal favorite finish. I have the natural and a black one. The Black unit has an incredibly smooth action easily workable with one hand to either level.
Keep in mind this light does not have a clicky switch. If you prefer those then do not get this light. If you like a good momentary and also enjoy a twisty operation then you can't do any better than this.
Yaesumofo

arewethereyetdad said:
Wow, that's an incredible price for the chromed version! I have two bare AL PD's that are polished almost to that extreme, but not quite as shiny as that one! This is just a superb price. And, it has the Gen 1 clip (my favorite). Should go very fast.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn, I have to see if I can get enough $$$ together for that... :/

charlesn

Enlightened

I'll take it. Kai, are you asking for +3% even for cash PayPal payments??

CLHC

Flashaholic

No disappointmens on this light! And I don't know about the "breaking-in" the Piston switch or bezel part? Mine is smooth since day one! "Focusing" issue with the TW0J? The one I have has a flawless beam—perfect circular spot PLENTY bright! It's my EDC and it's seen a lot of use outdoors mostly during the early morning and evening hours.

Enjoy your new found fandangled McLux Charlesn!