LA County Sheriffs

nc987

Enlightened
Thats neat, now Surefire needs to make a flashlight with a built in tazer or something, that would rock!

Babo

Newly Enlightened
No need for some wussy pepper spray or tasers.
We CandlePower Forum members know all we need is to
shine our flashlight in the general direction of the bad guy
and he'll be stopped in his tracks.:whistle:

Stream

Enlightened
JackBlades said:
500 lights at no cost is pretty damn generous!
Could be pretty damn profitable too! Imagine how quick it would catch on if they got a contract with one department, pretty soon police departments all across the country would want their product. I think the Tigerlight/pepper spray looks like it could be extremely useful as a non-leathal weapon for LEOs.

Stream

Enlightened
Babo said:
No need for some wussy pepper spray or tasers.
We CandlePower Forum members know all we need is to
shine our flashlight in the general direction of the bad guy
and he'll be stopped in his tracks.:whistle:
Too true :crackup:

Hardball

Newly Enlightened
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
But all this non lethal stuff means that some people that REALLY need shooted will live instead! Long life the .45ACP!!!
:lolsign:

PJS, we're talking about the peoples republic of kalifornia, not the Lone Star State.:crackup:

Vee3

Enlightened
A friend of mine is an LA County Deputy. He and his fellows are not too keen on the "nerf" lights (His words) that the LAPD and LASD are proposing. It seems that having a big multi - D cell light in hand while talking to someone on the street is comforting to them. I think I would be more comfortable with one too if I were in their shoes.

My friend thinks that replacing the big lights will take away a handy tool that's often right in their hand when a need for something other than just a light might present itself...

Hardball

Newly Enlightened
Vee3 said:
A friend of mine is an LA County Deputy. He and his fellows are not too keen on the "nerf" lights (His words) that the LAPD and LASD are proposing. It seems that having a big multi - D cell light in hand while talking to someone on the street is comforting to them. I think I would be more comfortable with one too if I were in their shoes.

My friend thinks that replacing the big lights will take away a handy tool that's often right in their hand when a need for something other than just a light might present itself...

Dang right. If you think about it for minute, a Deputy working at night, (presumably with only two hands), may have a light in one and his baton available, but not in hand. An escalating conflict leaves him(her) with the choices of drawing a weapon, (or CS), or the baton. Having a light which could double as a defensive weapon multiplies the options that Officer has.

The "nerf lights" are the SF, Scorpions, Strions, etc. that the guys carry anyhow. There is a move afoot to limit street cops to only smaller lights which are not effective as "impact weapons".

BIG OL' BLACK flashlight? Yes!

BIG OL' BLACK flashlight with pepper spray? Hell Yes!

Last edited:

makar

Enlightened
Vee3 said:

The tl with oc is about the same size than a 3D mag.

Vee3

Enlightened
OOPS.... I didn't know that it was a big light. More power to them.

"Well, that's very different then.....Never mind"

Rosan Rosanna Danna

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I've never seen one and I'm not doubting you, but the PR photos don't look like a 3D mag. Anyone use one here on CPF?

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
The Tigerlight is about 1 inch shorter than a 3 D Maglite.

IMO still large enough to comfortably hold under your arm during a traffic stop, or used as an impact weapon.

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
The United States Air Force rates the TigerLight as three weapons in one. Blinding light, Chem dispenser, impact weapon. They tested intensively for its impact capabilities.

Officers will use what they have in their hand when trouble hits. I am a patrol sergeant and have been a LEO for nearly 20 years. The reality of life is that in some cities "five from the sky" is worth about a million a stroke. Unfortunately some police administrators will put officers at risk to reduce their liability. :-(

I use the intense light in conjunction with OC. In the hands of a skilled user it is quite effective.

Randy Teig
C.T.O. TigerLight Inc.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The TigerLight compared to some other flashlights...
P260.jpg