anyone here got a food sealer saver deal thingy

raggie33

*the raggedier*
the things that vacum the air outa ya bags when ya freeze em.well i lost some food do to food freezing i forget the name frost bite kinda.well today dad took me out to do my monthy groceryshoping so i got a rival seal thingy any one ever use one of the vacum sealers and whats ya opion?so far i like it a lot. .i need to find the bags cehaper but man thease bags are strong as hect its sucks pretty darn good lol.this is what i mean this is the one i got but i got it a lot cheaper http://www.seal-a-meal.com/products/vacuum/builtin/

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
destop.jpg

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
My mom got one and loved it. She would cook a ton of hanburger meat at once, and then put it in the airtight pouches and freeze them for later. When ever we wanted tacos or what ever, we would just have to heat it up.

Another thing we used it for was for smoothies. She would freeze just the right amount of fruit and so forth, so that each pouch would make enough for 1 person.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
270winchester said:
love that photo raggie!!! LOL!!!
i love penquins there so darn cool.and they always look like there smiliing.well i guess i love all critters but cats

underdust

Newly Enlightened
I have one but I don't use it as often as I probably should. When it was new I vacuum sealed just about everything, and it was really convenient.

I live in an apartment with a very small kitchen, though, and since counter space is at a premium it has been pushed aside to make room for other things.

I do still have some stuff sealed up in my freezer. On occasion I'll go in there and pull out some year-old chili for dinner.

h_nu

Enlightened
raggie33,

I'm guessing the photo makes it on topic, you do know that penguin is not just any penguin but Tux. He is the Linux mascot. Do you use Linux?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
h_nu said:
raggie33,

I'm guessing the photo makes it on topic, you do know that penguin is not just any penguin but Tux. He is the Linux mascot. Do you use Linux?
i use it but i aint to good at useing it im dling gentoo now but i can neve rinstalll gengoo ya need like a 180 iq to install gentoo but i have suse on this pc

CLHC

Flashaholic
My mom demos the Tilia brand over at Costco. They seem to sell quite a few according to her. There's a lot of these vaccum bags lying around the garage and in the kitchen drawers since she gets them for without cost—equipment and all besides other numerous products for demonstration purposes. . .

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
We got the Foodsaver brand one from Costco here in Canada. The best thing IMO
is the cap thing that lets you vacuum-seal canning jars. We buy fancy grated
parmesan cheese and it would normally get moldy (in the fridge) before it is all
eaten. Now we store it in a canning jar and vacuum it after ever use. You still need
to store it in the fridge but it doesn't get moldy before it's used up.

The sealer also came with a 3 piece canister set with lids that the vacuum hose
attaches to. We use one of them for brown sugar.

Greg

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the tilia foodsaver and it works great. The bags are strong and they keep food and herbs fresh. I like it most for river rafting- I can make small pouches and package foods for daily use. They stay dry and fresh and I never have to worry about them if I flip in the river. Sometimes I have trouble making a good seal with the bags and have to sacrifice them and start with another. I've wasted whole rolls of the stuff because there was a crease and they wouldn't seal. Well, they're cheap enough..

My bags have crixx-cross ridges that allow the air to escape. I think that is the feature that makes these products so successful. It really works.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've had one for a long time. I've had some luck using regular heavy duty freezer bags when I've run out of the vacuum bags. They don't work as well, but they do work.