Fenix L2: best production 2AA light?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's to hoping for a stainless Fenix L2+.

And arewethereyetdad is BARRED from getting ANY of them!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks cool, but I am doubting the 52 lumen estimate.

-David

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Can't wait to see the Fenix "P" series and "X" series :D

Not too interested in the 2AA L2 ..... I like my lights small :)

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D

If someone organizes the list, I'll be glad to do it. Of course we don't
know the price yet, but that could be worked out. I have a working
relationship with the manufacturer so I'll try to work out a sweet deal.
I'm about to receive the 6th package from them - each received in
a timely way in less than 4 days. (hint hint more L1P's coming :) )

4sevens

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens, any chance you can get a small number of light gray L1s with your next package? I could sure go for one...
wink2.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens, maybe you could test this light and see if it matches the hype that they've put up on their site? This could be an interesting buy... though I'll have to see how much it is, first.

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
I'm on duty in the middle east where I EDC(and use daily!) an HAIII MiniMag with Lambda's (thank you Kevin!) Mini-Pro III topped with a TWOJ. Light head is locked down with an oversized o-ring, operation is via Kroll clickie.

This is my benchmark. I feed it NiMh's, yet twice I have had to feed it alkalines I bummed from my crew members. This is why I love 2AA lights, for the ease and flexibility of feeding the flashlight. The L2P is the right light, at the right time. Only a Lux1, yet the specs indicate acceptable output versus an impressively long runtime.

4sevens, I will pre-commit to a group buy of the L2P. If you should have Fenix' ear, please relay to them that a Luxeon 3 version would sell well! Call it the L3P and run the LED hard (output like the Mni-ProIII), and with half the runtime, it would still be excellent!

Adam

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting light,
My Luxeon3 Mediterranean uses a 2AA tailpack with NiMH right now. I prefer it to the Fenix L2 in several ways. The head is larger for a larger reflector and more mass to keep the LuxIII (runs at 1.5 watts) running cool. Has HA-III, perfect current regulation, twistie or clickie with momentary clickie/twistie style coming soon. Slide it into the loops on body armor, use a Berkley stainless gate clip on the end of the removable lug and it is held in place. Runs on NiMH, NiCad and alkalines so I am content. At least if the Kroll dies, I can switch to twistie. In the desert I prefer twistie so I won't have switch problems.
Now a Fenix L1P with better regulation and variable output would be interesting....

Bob

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in a group buy too, depending on price.
Bob