Is everyone writing a book?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I leave my TV set to Fox News on cable.

Every host has written at least one book and doesn't hesitate to promote it. Every guest has written a book and is given an introduction with a picture of the book.

Every "Fox News contributer" has written a book and has an introduction with a picture of the book.

All these people do is pat each other on the back because their book is being introduced or on the N.Y.Times best seller list and debuting at one number or another.

I think that most of these books will wind up in the 99 cent section at Barnes & Noble.

Maybe I'm wrong?

LowWorm

Enlightened
Nope, Marty, you're right. And while they're at it, everyone famous thinks they can write children's books. *cough* Madonna :shrug:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
It seems everyone even remotely famous is writing a book these days. I guess the reason is that it's far easier to write a book on a PC than it used to be with a manual typewriter. The result of this desktop publishing revolution has been a virtual torrent of worthless books that I liken to a stream of diarrhea. Seriously, do most people who write these books think the general public really cares about their lives? Do I really care how many sex partners some semi-famous person had, or what their phobias were when they were two years old? I rarely talk about things that personal to even close friends, much less write a book on them, my reason being who really cares about the more intimate details of my life. These celebrities nowadays are so egocentric it isn't even funny. Madonna? What a hypocrite. Now she's a holier than thou mother. Twenty years ago she slept with practically everyone on the East side.

At least we recycle paper now so these books will eventually serve some purpose.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
even that floozie that slept scott peterson is gettin' rich off of "her" book...