NUWAI TM301X-3 3W Luxeon Dual stage question.

timcodes

Newly Enlightened

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many folks have reported that rechargeable LiONs can be used in the Q3 but with reduced runtime and increased brightness.

On the 2-cell light... those usually don't work very well with rechargeables because there's just too much initial voltage when the cells are fresh off the charger... It's a 6V light and it would be getting 'about' 8.4V right off the charger.

There are some so-called 3V rechargeables but I think they come off the charger at about 3.6V so that would be 7.2V between the two cells and I think that would be a use at your own risk kind of proposition.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard that two R123 cells will burn up the current limiting resistor in this light. You can run a single 168S sized cell, but the light will not be bright.

If you want to be able to run two R123 cells, you should mod the light with a Downboy convertor board. Then it will work with both the R123 and the CR123 cells.

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever tried the two cell flashlight with the two rechargables?
i.e. 7.2v?

Thanks!

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully someone will come along with first hand experience but it doesn't seem like many folks own the 2-stage, 2-cell, 3W Nuwai. The single cell Q3 on a rechargeable is probably getting close to that level of brightness but with less runtime.

I still think if you put two rechargeables in the TM-310X-3, it's going to have a very short lifetime.

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Can we expect to have 2x longer at least?

If it does, I suppose it will be better that I get this one instead of the qiii.

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
yes, i have try 2x3.0v of rechargable cell (the cell fully charg is 3.7v ,then after some time used ,the voltage will be 3.2v).it is ok

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any chance you could show us a pic of your 2-stage Nuwai, HARDMETAL? I'd like to see a closeup of the tailcap.

Also, what brand/source of rechargeables are you using with it?

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Please see my first post of the link about the nuwai and the battery.

I haven't bought it yet until I'm sure I can use the rechargeables....

HARDMETAL

Newly Enlightened
NUWAI IS A BRAND NAME ,NOT PRODUCER ,THE PRODUCER IS SK OF TAIWAN.
LAST 2 WEEK, I HAVE MEET SK OWNER WHO SAID THAT HIS 3W FLASHLIGHT CAN USE THE RECHARGABLE LIR123A LISUNUSA.COM.
I AM USING THE LIR123A 3V ,BUT IT IS QUITE HOT AFTER USING 10 MINUTES ABOUT 40 DEGREE.